News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You and I both....

sold our south Riverdale row house in about 10 minutes, all evens out as we then had to buy a Leslieville house at the same time..... this market is NUTS!

You and I both....

sold our south Riverdale row house in about 10 minutes, all evens out as we then had to buy a Leslieville house at the same time..... this market is NUTS!

why move from south Riverdale to Leslieville ... what's the difference or point of doing that but losing 10% of the value to realtor commissions and LTTs?

Having a second child, moving from a 1050sqf 2 bdr row house on a 14x75 lot to a 1700sqf 3+1bdr semi on a 18x155 ft lot across the street from an excellent school.

Bought our row house 3 years ago, made a profit of $115,000 makes the switch much less painful when moving up in the same area even with all the closing costs.

not everything in life is predicated on profit alone, quality of life says a lot. The only thing I'll miss from the old place is the 505/504 right at the end of our street, but we still have the 506/501 at the end of the new street.

Having a second child, moving from a 1050sqf 2 bdr row house on a 14x75 lot to a 1700sqf 3+1bdr semi on a 18x155 ft lot across the street from an excellent school.

Bought our row house 3 years ago, made a profit of $115,000 makes the switch much less painful when moving up in the same area even with all the closing costs.

not everything in life is predicated on profit alone, quality of life says a lot. The only thing I'll miss from the old place is the 505/504 right at the end of our street, but we still have the 506/501 at the end of the new street.

ahhh, sounds nice ... congrats and hope you really enjoy the new area.

i didn't realize there were such small houses in south riverdale (1050sqf 2 bdr row house on a 14x75 lot) so it makes sense to move to a larger place with a 3rd.

most of the places i've seen around there are 3 bd/1 bath semi's on 15/16 x 90 lots.

ahhh, sounds nice ... congrats and hope you really enjoy the new area.

i didn't realize there were such small houses in south riverdale (1050sqf 2 bdr row house on a 14x75 lot) so it makes sense to move to a larger place with a 3rd.

most of the places i've seen around there are 3 bd/1 bath semi's on 15/16 x 90 lots.

Thanks we love the area and didn't want to leave, I've lived in Riverdale since 1982, it's the only home I've really ever known.

The size of the homes vary street to street. The one we are on is all little cottages and row houses. it's a great street but no front yard to speak of (which I really don't mind) The street behind us is all 3-5 bedroom homes on massive 16-20 x 120 lots. When we bought our place we always knew we'd grow out of it pretty fast, all our friends thought we were crazy to spend so much on such a tiny house, until they heard the return we made in just under 3 years. One of our friends bought a mcmansion in Ajax for 2/3rds the cost of ours, his job moved to Guelph and is now looking at a substantial loss on his property or commuting for like 2 hours each way. sooooooo glad I didn't listen to anyone when we bought.

Young buyers drive Toronto condo boom

The worldwide economic slowdown took a bite out of stocks and real estate values almost everywhere in the world.

But with a record 20,000 new condo units set to come online in 2010, the recession appears to have bypassed that part of the Toronto real estate market.

Love them or hate them, Toronto is fast becoming the city of condos.

The condo building boom that began several years ago is showing resilience, as low interest rates and a steady stream of eager new buyers are sustaining a market that looks affordable by international standards, some experts said.

Condo consultant Barry Lyon said 2010 is poised to be a record year for Toronto condos.

"We have become the largest condominium market in North America in terms of new production," he said. "Bigger than New York."

More......http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2009/12/01/toronto-condo-market-boom1201.html

Back