News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Perfect. I can't wait to buy some Flair stock.
Lots of downsides. But there may be some upsides but I don't know what they would be. It may well be 777 wants out since they lost administrative control, and SPAC is bridging the financial gap to get to the Canadian market - and possibly could be bought out by AC or WS. Other assessments?

Lots of downsides. But there may be some upsides but I don't know what they would be. It may well be 777 wants out since they lost administrative control, and SPAC is bridging the financial gap to get to the Canadian market - and possibly could be bought out by AC or WS. Other assessments?
They need capital to fund their expansion ambitions.

777 can't give them more because of foreign ownership limits. Going public gives them access to lots more money. This is a scale business and they know they need to grow to become larger than their competitors. That's what is driving this, I think.

Getting bought out isn't likely when WestJet hasn't even finished their last major acquisition and seems to be in a weak financial position, and Air Canada just backed away from buying rival Air Transat and doesn't want to chase the ULCC market in any event (they have made that abundantly clear). In any event, it doesn't make sense to reject going public just because you might eventually be bought out. In that case no company would ever go public.

SPAC is a US owned and operated. Maybe its just SPAC replacing 777 Partners as holding title to the aircraft. Otherwise what could be SPAC's interest be? It's not likely they are the IPO agents.

SPAC is a US owned and operated. Maybe its just SPAC replacing 777 Partners as holding title to the aircraft. Otherwise what could be SPAC's interest be? It's not likely they are the IPO agents.
A SPAC ("special purpose acquisition company") is a shell company that is publicly listed/traded that seeks to merge with a private company, such that the private company becomes publicly listed/traded.

A SPAC ("special purpose acquisition company") is a shell company that is publicly listed/traded that seeks to merge with a private company, such that the private company becomes publicly listed/traded.
Ought to be interesting how they deal with the Canadian majority ownership given the SPAC has been set up by an American in the USA.

I wonder how the calculus shakes out where Porter is going the route of internal maintenance vs. contracted as Flair has done in Calgary and Toronto.

Perhaps once Flair reaches a certain size they will bring maintenance in house. I've said it before but it would be fantastic to have Flair building a hangar like this at YEG.

1667426492216.png

Edmonton finally getting a Flair Airlines Hangar... unfortunately its at the Expo and not the airport but still should be great visibility for the hometown airline. As noted at the announcement today, it is a bit of a mouthful, now named The Flair Airlines Hangar at the Edmonton EXPO Centre

Any educated guesses on when Flair will release the rest of their summer schedule based on past history? Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that they more or less released their full summer schedule last season by February 2022.

Gaming chair factory? That would be cool if the green is glow in the dark as well.

Gaming chair factory? That would be cool if the green is glow in the dark as well.
That would be interesting.

I think this is the first time Flair has received an aircraft configured to its own specs, I.e. not a generic configuration. Looks like the seats are leather. I wonder if they have power outlets. Suspect this will be the format going forward.

Back