News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Of course that assumes they’ll be able to sell the naming rights for every station. Idk if there’s a hot market for Clarkson Station

Indeed.

I wonder what the specific rules are. Perhaps we can buy "Sold Your Ears For A Penny" Station. Register a matching domainname to explain the thing.

Demand a refund from Metrolinx when the program gets killed early.

Why is this thread have to be created and getting so much attention? Doesn't it fit into the Metrolinx: Other Items thread?

Of course that assumes they’ll be able to sell the naming rights for every station. Idk if there’s a hot market for Clarkson Station

I assume "naming rights" is a deliberately watered down term for what will actually be a whole station advertising package. So Coca-Cola Clarkson will include advertising of all sizes and scope across the entire station, including advertising visible from Hurontario Street, and from people in trains passing through the station. It will probably allow for on site exclusivity (only Coca-Cola products allowed to be sold in the tuck shop!) and the rights to on-site marketing campaigns. They'll be at the station handing out free samples of stuff all the time too, especially on weekends where events downtown pull in large numbers of people by GO Train. Enjoy all the trains littered with a thousand little mini-bottles of some kind of soft drink or another. If they are really clever the automated announcements will be reprogrammed with a matching advertisement. "The next station is Coca-Cola Clarkson. Coca-Cola Clarkson. Coca-Cola's new refreshing rooibos tea leaf infused Dasani water available for a limited time at Coca-Cola Clarkson Station."

Why is this thread have to be created and getting so much attention? Doesn't it fit into the Metrolinx: Other Items thread?

If a thread doesn't interest you, then don't take the time to click on it and read through it and post in it and bump it back to the top the page with an off-topic post. Simple.

Former president and CEO of MLSE weighs in on the proposal. MLSE owns the Raptors and ACC, so I assume they know a thing or two or three on sponsorships.

Richard Peddie is also a joke in his own right for allowing the Raptors and Leafs to be perennial laughing stocks of their respective leagues during his tenure at MLSE. I wouldn't take anything he says with even 1 molecular grain of salt, especially when it comes to this topic.

It would be funny if they sold the naming rights for the Crosstown and Finch West LRT stations. They wouldn't have such a hard time coming up with nonsense names.

It would be funny if they sold the naming rights for the Crosstown and Finch West LRT stations. They wouldn't have such a hard time coming up with nonsense names.

I would definitely contribute to a crowdsourced campaign for the “Giorgio Mammoliti I begged for a Subway but all I got is this crummy LRT” Station.

- Paul

Meanwhile, Nintendo and HAL Laboratory would sponsor everything pertaining to the Kirby GO station on the Barrie Line (Nintendo and HAL Laboratory are the joint owners of the Kirby character and the Kirby video game series) from construction to maintenance to naming rights of course.

The station would be painted pink with plenty of Kirby statues and there would be a Kirby Café in that station (a few select Japanese cities already have a Kirby Café and Kirby GO Station wohavebe the first Kirby Café outside of Japan, beating Nintendo New York (and the nearby Rockefeller Center concourse)).

Oh, and playthroughs of various Kirby games would be shown throughout the station:

That may be the only way to justify the construction of the Kirby GO station. It would be a tourist destination for Kirby fans around the world.

Last edited:

Back