News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I saw that clip earlier today. The officer was wearing a body camera and he kneeled on the man's back, close to his neck (from the angle I saw, it was hard to tell if the neck was involved, but that doesn't matter). Does he have no clue as to what's going on these days?

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney joins George Floyd protest near White House: 'We need to stand up and say that black lives matter'

June 7, 2020

I know too much about Romney not to wonder about the sincerity..........but the same could be said of many others. At least He, as they , understand what side of history they wish to be seen as being on.

I saw that clip earlier today. The officer was wearing a body camera and he kneeled on the man's back, close to his neck (from the angle I saw, it was hard to tell if the neck was involved, but that doesn't matter). Does he have no clue as to what's going on these days?

They are acting with impunity - but the powers that be may not be aligned for their sake for a change.

AoD

I have 3 cops as either friend, family friend and cousin.

1 of them has become increasingly hostile as feel he is being picked on by the public while the other 2 feel bad cops get protected too much and think things are changing. One of them told me that he is so self-aware of these actions that he thinks he treats black people way more nicely than others as he is a bit paranoid about causing an issue.

So i would say cops as a whole are all reacting differently to these developments.

1 of them has become increasingly hostile as feel he is being picked on by the public while the other 2 feel bad cops get protected too much and think things are changing. One of them told me that he is so self-aware of these actions that he thinks he treats black people way more nicely than others as he is a bit paranoid about causing an issue.

So i would say cops as a whole are all reacting differently to these developments.
Yes, cops are like ''ordinary people' and all are different.

Did those 2 other cops who feel bad cops get protected too much voice their concerns without fear of retribution if they do so publicly (if not actually make a difference)? If they can, it is the hallmark of an organization that can, pardon the pun, police itself properly; if they can't - well, guess what, it's the wall of silence at work.

AoD

These ballooning police budgets in America don't seem to be working.

Chicago is about the size of Toronto, 18 people dead in 24 hours.

Eh Chicago is because the city is very racist and corrupt more...its way more then police issue here.

I mean its a part of it.

No masks, no water: New York protesters held in ‘abysmal’ conditions, experts say

More than 2,000 people have been arrested in the city and the police treatment of those detained is emboldening people

Wed 10 Jun 2020 08.00 BST

Back