News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Sadly, I think he could still get elected. His supporters are conditioned to think the courts are biased. Let's hope he gets jail time.
I would suspect any sentence, if and when it arrives after the inevitable appeals, will be comparatively inconsequential and, for some, disappointing. At the end of the day, he is a first-time offender, it is a non-violent crime and the dollar value is not particularly significant.

Another complication factor is, unless they change the legislation, the US Secret Service would have to be somehow embedded into the state prison (unless he specifically declines protection - which he wouldn't, just cuz).

This won't impact his base, or those committed Democrats. It might move the middle third of voters; moreso if there are further convictions between now and November.

I would suspect any sentence, if and when it arrives after the inevitable appeals, will be comparatively inconsequential and, for some, disappointing. At the end of the day, he is a first-time offender, it is a non-violent crime and the dollar value is not particularly significant.

Another complication factor is, unless they change the legislation, the US Secret Service would have to be somehow embedded into the state prison (unless he specifically declines protection - which he wouldn't, just cuz).

This won't impact his base, or those committed Democrats. It might move the middle third of voters; moreso if there are further convictions between now and Nov

This won't impact his base, or those committed Democrats. It might move the middle third of voters; moreso if there are further convictions between now and November.
Fingers are crossed that the " court of public opinion " is moving against this felon. However, it's a weird time when the so-called guilty are not viewed by many as really guilty. Trump deserves a lot of credit for this predicament.

Fingers are crossed that the " court of public opinion " is moving against this felon. However, it's a weird time when the so-called guilty are not viewed by many as really guilty. Trump deserves a lot of credit for this predicament.
Assuming US courts are similar to ours, they are bound by sentencing guidelines. This is an effort to eliminate the 'torch and pitchfork' crowd and treat all accused fairly depending on the evidence and not the person.

Sadly, I think he could still get elected. His supporters are conditioned to think the courts are biased. Let's hope he gets jail time.
If he doesn't Trump is in a pickle, because his three other criminal trials will go to a verdict in 2025, and if convicted in any of those, as a now repeat felon his sentence can be very serious. And if he loses in Nov 2024 his supporters may well fade away in frustration, especially if the GOP looses both the Senate and House, plus multiple pro-choice ballot initiatives pass. Beyond the most ardent MAGA, Trump will be seen as a disaster for the GOP.

If only Fani Willis hadn't shopped for booty in the Fulton County DA staff room, we might have had a second conviction before Nov 2024. Men and women of the prosecution, please keep your pants on and your eye on the target.

Back