News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'll add a statement here; lets acknowledge honestly that Canada is far from flawless in address systemic discrimination, and poverty/inequality.

We have had many past failings with police excessive force as well; and while, gratefully, those seem to be in decline, there remain too many.

The above said.......

In Canada we saw pipelines and railways blocked, not for a day, but for weeks.........and police demonstrated a high degree of patience, to the point of offending many in Canada.

I think the wisdom of that is now more apparent.

Force if necessary...........but for no other reason.........

Put another way, the police, should not be the initiators of violence; all the moreso in otherwise legitimate protests. Nor should they respond with same unless necessity demands it.

The opposite tactic is on clear display in the U.S. and irrespective of one's politics, it can be seen as both offensive and ineffective.

I'll add a statement here; lets acknowledge honestly that Canada is far from flawless in address systemic discrimination, and poverty/inequality.

We have had many past failings with police excessive force as well; and while, gratefully, those seem to be in decline, there remain too many.

The above said.......

In Canada we saw pipelines and railways blocked, not for a day, but for weeks.........and police demonstrated a high degree of patience, to the point of offending many in Canada.

I think the wisdom of that is now more apparent.

Force if necessary...........but for no other reason.........

Put another way, the police, should not be the initiators of violence; all the moreso in otherwise legitimate protests. Nor should they respond with same unless necessity demands it.

The opposite tactic is on clear display in the U.S. and irrespective of one's politics, it can be seen as both offensive and ineffective.

um you forget one of the reasons why cops were quite toned down in their response because they were first nations.

I am sure any other group it would be a different matter.

Not like USA but it would be way more forceful.

Trump went from freedom fighter to authoritarian in about a week

Analysis by Zachary B. Wolf, CNN
Updated 12:14 AM ET, Tue June 2, 2020

Trump's made-for-TV strongman act threatens American traditions

Analysis by Stephen Collinson, CNN
Updated 6:07 AM ET, Tue June 2, 2020

Yeah a lot of people think this is the Civil Rights Movement all over again but the big difference between now and then is that there is absolutely no clear leadership or clear goal about what is to be achieved and that's why I have doubts about this causing any term of long-term change sadly

Massachusetts GOP governor rips Trump's 'bitterness, combativeness and self-interest'

Mon June 1, 2020

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker on Monday excoriated President Donald Trump's "bitterness, combativeness and self-interest" as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

The Republican governor made the comments at a press conference when asked about Trump's video teleconference call, in which the President urged state leaders to aggressively target violent protesters. The call came after nearly a week of protests across the country that at times have turned violent over the death of Floyd, a 46-year-old African American man who died at the hands of a police officer in Minneapolis.

"I heard what the President said today about dominating and fighting. I know I should be surprised when I hear incendiary words like this from him, but I'm not," Baker told reporters. "At so many times during these past several weeks when the country needed compassion and leadership the most, it was simply nowhere to be found."

Instead, he continued, "we got bitterness, combativeness and self-interest. That's not what we need in Boston, it's not what we need right now in Massachusetts and it's definitely not what we need across this great country of ours either."

White supremacists pose as Antifa online, call for violence

Tue June 2, 2020

A Twitter account that tweeted a call to violence and claimed to be representing the position of "Antifa" was in fact created by a known white supremacist group, Twitter said Monday. The company removed the account.

"This account violated our platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts," a Twitter spokesperson said in a statement. "We took action after the account sent a Tweet inciting violence and broke the Twitter Rules."

Although the account only had a few hundred followers, it is an example of white supremacists seeking to inflame tensions in the United States by posing as left-wing activists online.

The revelation of the account comes as President Donald Trump increasingly blames left-wing activists for violence occurring at protests across America.

EZduT0kWsAUu9QS

Please return the "prop" after the "photo op".

Dear POTUS. Try opening that bible to the New Testament. Now ask yourself, what would Jesus do? He wouldn't be trying to "dominate" the protestors. He would be doing unto others and leading the peaceful protestors. He might even cause a ruckus if need be. But then again, he was just a left wing activist.

Dear POTUS. Try opening that bible to the New Testament. Now ask yourself, what would Jesus do? He wouldn't be trying to "dominate" the protestors. He would be doing unto others and leading the peaceful protestors. He might even cause a ruckus if need be. But then again, he was just a left wing activist.

He will probably call him a loser for being/staying poor and getting himself crucified to save others.

AoD

Maybe he's more familiar with the Old Testament. It's decidedly angrier in some parts.

Back