News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

In the following thread, on the final page everything is blank for me. http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?10350-saveoursubways-(SOS)&p=366431

I can only read the final page when I'm logged out. As soon as I log in, everything is blank. I've tried a couple of different computers now. I haven't seen this on any other thread.

Edit ... Oh ... here's the problem. I had the first person who had posted on that page blocked. When I unblock them, it works fine. But it doesn't show the entire page! There's a software bug!

Last edited:
Neither for me.

But individual post links (see #92, #93) are fixed now. They were broken before.

* Let's outlaw those endlessly repeated promo things that clutter the bottom of some posts. Not to single anyone out, because they're increasingly common and popular modes of expression, but on this thread alone we have links to "My favourite building"; "Flickr page"; "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...";"Fish will be the last to discover water.";" If I had a penny for every time ..."; "member since april 23 1847. over 250 539 posts ..."; "The DRL: ..." and "(random ramblings on the urban landscape)". Some of these things are a Wild West of typeface and colour choices and claim disproportionate visual importance compared to the posts themselves.

I totally agree. They appear to be more annoying on the new board too.

There's been a huge spike in the number of posters using shorthand like 'u' and 'ur' and 'lol', particularly in the twilight zone that is the New TTC subway cars thread. This is against the rules, isn't it? Can we find some way of remotely detonating these users' computers so that they die?

There's been a huge spike in the number of posters using shorthand like 'u' and 'ur' and 'lol', particularly in the twilight zone that is the New TTC subway cars thread. This is against the rules, isn't it? Can we find some way of remotely detonating these users' computers so that they die?

If that can be done, could we import that to other sites/forums? Seems like a useful tool to me.

In summary, though there are some excellent new features, I think the visual identity has gone a bit overboard with icons - little speech bubbles with nothing in them, distracting self-promotions at the end of posts, star ratings, and the like. I realize this is still a design in progress, but I'm puzzled why the word "HOME" is clustered four times beneath the banner, for instance? Dial things down a bit, maybe?

Oh yeah, and the Mars Attacks banner ...

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/mars_attacks/sounds/mars_attacks_lawyers.wav

Back