News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Thread name is at the top, on the left,but it is in small font and not as noticeable as it used to be
You're going to have to post a screenshot to show me where. I cannot even CTRL-F to find anything. I'm using Firefox on desktop.

Here's my screen. No thread name to be found.
akx5b4.png

You're going to have to post a screenshot to show me where. I cannot even CTRL-F to find anything. I'm using Firefox on desktop.

Here's my screen. No thread name to be found.
akx5b4.png
See where the blue bar is that says Forums/Forum Administration/Forum issues? Just below that you'll see Discussion in "Forum Issues" started by Edward Skira.

(I know we're not supposed to requote photos, but I can't see how to delete it!)

ETA: Interesting, in the quote, the photo is shrunk down.

ETA: Interesting, in the quote, the photo is shrunk down.
That is an improvement. It is even clickable inside the quote bubble to make it fullscreen.

I've noticed that forum image attachments appear in posts as shrunken down. I do not like that change, I prefer the old way where they resized like normal images to the width of your screen.

See where the blue bar is that says Forums/Forum Administration/Forum issues? Just below that you'll see Discussion in "Forum Issues" started by Edward Skira..
"Forum Issues" is the name of the forum, and is visible in multiple locations.
"Forum Shutdown For Upgrades" is the thread name, and is not in the thread itself.

That is an improvement. It is even clickable inside the quote bubble to make it fullscreen.

I've noticed that forum image attachments appear in posts as shrunken down. I do not like that change, I prefer the old way where they resized like normal images to the width of your screen.
Hmm, that appears to only be an issue with pre-forum upgrade posts with attachments. Take the below example:

Interchange's week old post in E Condos thread
Roundabout's most recent post in E Condos thread

Seems to be a result of the attachment's code.

[ATTACH} vs. [ATTACH=full}

Last edited:
"Forum Issues" is the name of the forum, and is visible in multiple locations.
"Forum Shutdown For Upgrades" is the thread name, and is not in the thread itself.
Ah yes, you are right ... it needs to drill down one more level.

Can't find the "New Posts" tab/button when I go to "Forum". I have to go to each thread to see if there is a new post or not.

How do I log off? I can't see that option anywhere.

Another point is that uploaded images are a tad small. I know they can be enlarged by clicking on it, but it'd be nice if they showed on the pages to be just as large as images that are linked.

Ah yes, you are right ... it needs to drill down one more level.

Just to clarify this point, this issue isn't just related to thread titles, but navigation of the forums generally. For example, if you're in any subforum, such as Toronto Issues, there's no where on the page that identifies that you're in the Toronto Issues subforum.

Currently the navagation bar on that page reads:

"Forums>Greater Toronto Discussion"

...whereas on the old forums it would read:

"Forums>Greater Toronto Discussion>Toronto Issues"

This can be especially confusing where people open multiple tabs at once.

Something else I just noticed is that links (such as here) are a very faint shade of blue and difficult to distinguish from regular text.

I have only been using the new forums for a few minutes now but right away I notice that:
1. Every single thread is marked unread.
2. The button that's supposed to take me to the first unread post takes me to older posts from many weeks ago. Only after I re-read the last page it will work properly next time.
3. I can't quote multiple posts anymore.
4. Posts are now referred to as "messages". I don't agree with that.
5. A member's post count and join date is no longer shown next to their name. Instead, everyone is just a "new member".
6. I prefer the old emoticons :eek:
7. Miscreant did a great job summarizing some of my other complaints

Just like with google maps, this is another example of attempting to improve something that worked well enough in the first place, only to introduce more problems than it fixes. The only thing that needed fixing was the lousy search feature, but I haven't tested it yet to see if anything has improved. There are some new features that I like, but further refinement is necessary.

Last edited:
The old site and vBulletin sucked. We had all sorts of problems that you never saw. Its 14 hours since we relaunched (half of which was sleep) so give us some time to make corrections. We are following this and the other threads and slowly fixing the things that need changing.

I'm trying to search for a thread but I can't find the search function. Am I missing something?

Back