News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Just cause you mention Fox News, does not mean you are on topic. Instead of ranting at every opportunity, do try once in a while to actually say something meaningful and related to the title of the thread. You should try and contain that Pavlovian urge to respond with some combination of Harper, US, Bush, etc. at the first sight of the word 'Fox'.

I am way beyond commenting on what Fox news network has to say about reality. But I do find it rather displeasing that our Prime Minister appears on Fox news when he must know mainly Calgary folks tune into it since 75,000 of em are Americans? Most of us don't tune into the Fox news network and we know why we don't. I think that is very relevant and many Canadians appear to as well. Go read the new thread started here about Harper and his American adventures. Nothing like some good old classical conditioning in politics......
How is the petition going?

Last edited:
Gutfeld's half-assed apology.

In case anyone was curious....here's Gutfeld's apology:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510583,00.html

From Monica Crowley:

http://monicamemo.typepad.com/weblog/2009/03/greetings-canada.html

And of course Bill Schulz just gave Canadians the finger again with his blog line telling us to 'lighten the fuck up'. Out of all the folks on that panel, he was the biggest prick, but at least the bit about the mounties was funny.

At least this guy meant it when he apologized:

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/power-play/tuesday-march-24/#clip153603

I actually do feel bad now that Benson's show was canceled. He seems like sincere dumbass who got caught up in the moment.

Canadians need to remind themselves that America has very little news media, its mostly infotainment like this. The idea behind the show is to galvanize a certain part of the public for ratings which increases advertising dollars. These people know they are inciting emotion based on falsehoods.

Those apologies were about as meaningful as the original statements, the damage is already done.

BTW, for reference, I think these blowhards need to 'lighten up' when talking about how massively great the US military is. The US military is so over-extended that those 55,000 troops in Germany or 150,000 in Iraq couldn't help when New Orleans got devastated with Hurricane Katrina. There were fewer than 4,500 national guard troops available in all of Louisiana at the time of the disaster. The United States homeland is about as insecure as anywhere despite how much the power is shown off in other parts of the world. Katrina exposed the skeleton of United States security for what it was. I'm not even sure Obama would have the capacity for much different of a response because of how over-extended the US military is.

So I commend Canada for bringing the troops home and placing them where they belong. Canada is not an empire, the United States is.

That's something to actually be proud of. Not the self-taught falsehood that your military can do anything, anywhere, anytime.

Last edited:
True however the US could easily still beat any standing army.

The question is then if they can keep the peace.

fox continues to outperform the competition.

why are you silly libs watching fox anyways. you don't know from jokes. you should be watching cnn or msnbc, a michael moore movie, the barak channel(?) or something.:p

Why do you right wing nutjobs think you can tell anyone what to do? We know you miss the days of slavery, but honestly, it's time to move forward.
Your jealousy over Obamas win is an embarrassment, get over it.

CNN was dominating the whole election then afterwards it was praising Obama 24/7.

I think CNN has decent shows, likw the one with Anderson Copper and with Lou Dobbs. Lou Dobbs just inspires fear but he brings up a lot of news stories that other news companies do not want to bring up. Like he was talking about the Mexican border war for years.

Yes Hurricane Katrina and such made Anderson Copper a household name.

CNN is a family of networks that collectively always out-pace the competition even when one network individually has fewer viewers.

CNN (mostly out of CNN's New York headquarters, some programming from Atlanta)
CNN Headline News (Atlanta based)
CNN International (most newscasts originate out of London, England)
CNN+ (spanish news network based in Spain)
CNN en espanol (spanish news for the Americas, based out of Atlanta)

Fox News is really just Fox News and Fox Business Channel. As a singular channel, Fox News is mostly infotainment for the right wing and everyone in America knows it - including its viewers. Most conservatives know they prefer their biased drivel and realize their news is biased. Everyone else laughs.

MSNBC is part of the NBC family, which is arguably bigger than CNN. NBC Nightly News still has more viewers for its 30 minute broadcast than all of MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News' primetime lineups combined.

CNBC is the highest rated business news channel

Then you have the other networks, ABC and CBS which offer their own programs.

Truth be told, even CBS Evening News still has more viewers than an average Fox News program.

Fox News is fairly overrated. Its the only "news" channel in the Fox brand, and Fox Business is so far behind CNBC its not considered a major player. I think even Bloomfield Business channel has more viewers.

And as far as back to the CNN vs Fox debate... CNN International is available in most European households, Fox is nowhere to be found, although Fox does have the same ownership as Sky News in the UK. Its not officially linked, however, just the ownership via News Corp.

CNN International and CNN back in the states are one in the same, and regularly share programming.

Last edited:
Mostly, I know for most Canadians, the only 24hr American news Network they have access to is CNN.

Some get BBC through Rogers.

Back