News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What is the disturbing part?

Aside from the fact these knuckleheads are keeping the police out in the rain.

Time to wrap it up folks, one way or the other.

The disturbing part is that the protesters aren't being violent. In that video you showed, the police rush them for no reason other than some of the protesters sat down. Seems like a huge and aggressive overreaction. A lot of people stuck in that area haven't been violent and it seems as though it's an entirely one-sided act of uncalled for aggression.

I should remind you that peaceful protest and the right to assemble is a charter right whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
I do find it disturbing that it was possible for peaceful protesters, or even bystanders to get caught up in this, and be forced to stand out in the rain for hours, and then probably be arrested and detained. That, to me, is scary. I'm of the mind that vandals need to be singled out and dealt with, but that citizens not breaking any laws need to be left alone.

Do they plan on arresting all 200 people trapped on Queen and Spadina? If so they are going to be there hours in the pouring rain if thats the case!

Police were obviously not well prepared yesterday, and focused 100% of their resources on protecting the line around the security zone, even when it meant surrendering the rest of the city to rampaging hooligans. That they are over-compensating for that embarrassment by harassing peaceful protesters and law-abiding citizens today only compounds it.

If you don't live downtown, then the only reason to be there is to be in the way or part of the problem. Doesn't take a lot of common sense to know to avoid the area.

Lots of people do live downtown.

And if you don't, and are down there to take part in (or observe) a peaceful protest, you are not violating any laws, including the special ones enacted for the G20. You, therefore, do not deserve to be mistreated in this way. I think that's clear, unless I really misunderstand the foundations of our society.

Thats the problem people who either live in the area or were trying to leave the area are stuck on the street being held hostage (approx 200 people ) for over 3 hours in rain ,

picard102:

If you don't live downtown, then the only reason to be there is to be in the way or part of the problem. Doesn't take a lot of common sense to know to avoid the area.

No offense, but people need to live their lives. Funny how the blame now shifts to anyone who doesn't follow "common sense". Let me tell you what real common sense is - don't spend a billion on a photo-op.

AoD

And if you don't, and are down there to take part in (or observe) a peaceful protest,

Makes much more sense to protest away from the area where people are being arrested then to jump into the middle of it. But of course it's imperative they protest downtown.

Mill about the detention center yelling for the release of freedom fighters, and home by supper or the first sign of rain.

Well, I guess things don't always go according to plan.

Its warm and humid midtown, is there a different weather system over there? I'm hearing that its actually freezing.

Reports from the gulag:

Only 2 meals in 18 hours
Just 3 drinks of water
Not enough police-provided track pants & tops for halter-topped guests
Benches too narrow to sit comfortably upon
Immodest toilets
Beatings & mock executions (oh, sorry that's another thread)

LOL the police are so predictiable. I never liked them and this weekend's display of their brutality and aggressiveness is just yet another good example not to like them.
The assholes dressed in blue are no better than the assholes dressed in black.

What a freaking embarrassment the Toronto police are, they were doing a great job until they held hostage 200 people minding their own business including people walking dogs and who live in the area. Yet yesterday all hell breaks lose and the police just stand back and watch in some of the video shown

"No offense, but people need to live their lives. Funny how the blame now shifts to anyone who doesn't follow "common sense". Let me tell you what real common sense is - don't spend a billion on a photo-op."

The billion was spent on security, not the photo op. Security required since the Seattle fiasco.

DOWN with international dialogue!!!

"Toronto police are, they were doing a great job until they held hostage 200 people minding their own business"

200 yelling people minding their own business? What a fascinating phenomena.

Last edited:
Is the so called "international dialogue" worth the billion spent? Since we're in the bean counting mode, please illustrate to me how the outcome justified the cost, vis-a-vis "deficit reduction"?

AoD

Back