News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Whenever I see signs like "Capitalism Sucks" it just makes me lose respect for the whole group. I mean, really? Capitalism "sucks"? Compared to what? Communism? If you want to come up with something better than capitalism, feel free. The world would love something better than capitalism.

I believe it was Churchill who said:

"Capitalism is the worst economic system, except for all the others."

I believe it was Churchill who said:

"Capitalism is the worst economic system, except for all the others."
You came close. Actual quote:

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

Do you think there are imitations for Arcteryx jackets? Arcteryx jackets are too expensive, and too bad that I don't want to spend too much money for it.
Hope you can refer a link that have similar jackets like arcteryx,yet in much lower prices..thanks..

The aim of life is some way of living, as flexible and gentle as human nature; so that ambition may stoop to kindness, and philosophy to condor and humor. Neither prosperity nor empire nor heaven can be worth winning at the price of a virulent temper, bloody hands, an anguished spirit, and a vain hatred of the rest of the world.
NormanThompson smartwool socks

I think the recent collapse of the banking system in Iceland and mortgage crisis in the US shows that capitalism doesn't work. Canada didn't experience the problems that Iceland and the US did. Why? Because of strict government control and intervention. Economic freedom is a good thing in theory. People should do what is in their best interest, right? The problem is that people are stupid, they don't know what is in their best interest.

I think the recent collapse of the banking system in Iceland and mortgage crisis in the US shows that capitalism doesn't work. Canada didn't experience the problems that Iceland and the US did. Why? Because of strict government control and intervention. Economic freedom is a good thing in theory. People should do what is in their best interest, right? The problem is that people are stupid, they don't know what is in their best interest.

Wow... Mary Augimeri is that you?

People shouldn't have freedoms, but wait I thought the big debacle of the G20 was the destruction of our freedom to free assembly. Surely if people are too stupid to make economic decisions in their best interests than they are also to stupid to be allowed to freely assemble; as they may fall victim to a crowd mentality.

Funny how freedoms are only worth fighting for when they suit our needs.

I just noticed the class action lawsuits against the police (ie taxpayer) have risen to over $150 million. That's about $150,000 per plaintiff. Sweet.

Wow... Mary Augimeri is that you?

People shouldn't have freedoms, but wait I thought the big debacle of the G20 was the destruction of our freedom to free assembly. Surely if people are too stupid to make economic decisions in their best interests than they are also to stupid to be allowed to freely assemble; as they may fall victim to a crowd mentality.

Funny how freedoms are only worth fighting for when they suit our needs.

People and banks spending how ever much they want is different than people assembling. There should be freedom for some things and restrictions on other. That's why there are laws on murders and thefts and rapes: you restrict certain freedoms to preserve others. Similarly, that's why there be must be restrictions on economic activities, because once your country goes into a depression, or you lose you home to foreclosure (or a giant oil spill destroys your livelihood), you won't have much freedom anyways. Canada has been proven to have more or those sorts of laws and restrictions than most other countries, but Canadians (and their banks) arguably have more freedom now because of it.

A real nice bunch of winners there. As if it's not bad enough that society has to pay for their welfare cheques... we have to pay for this mess they made too.

Back