News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

see above..

• Changes Every Day

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Changes every two weeks

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
My plan is to get an all electric for the city and just rent cars with unlimited kms for the big cross country and USA trips. I'd rather beat up the rental than wear out my own cars anyway.
I drive to a vacation home for long periods of time. I don't want to own two cars, nor do I want to rent for that period of time.

Not yet. Still researching so thanks for that. We also travel in the US and some areas definitely have better coverage than others.

Sure. I just wanted to share that, because a lot of people seem unaware how fast the charging landscape is evolving. Especially now that utilities are getting into the game.

It would suck to buy a hybrid in 2022 or 2023, only to find out that every place you regularly travel to has fast charger coverage already or will be 2024-2025.

I recommend you play around with A Better Route Planner to see how well the routes you travel are covered:

They have a phone app too which a lot of EV owners use.

We just got one too. So much quieter. We also have a deposit on a plug in hybrid but that’s going to be a hot minute.

Our next vehicle will be a hybrid. I would love an electric car, but right now there isn't enough charging stations and battery's are too slow to recharge. Most parking lots only have small number of charging stations, most of the time they are always full. If you do see a bunch of spots empty, usually the charging port is out of service.

Gas prices expected to hit a 7 month low tomorrow:

Nevertheless I don't think we'll ever see gas prices below $1.20/L this decade. My second car is only used for work, and I expense $0.68 per km, hopefully that will cover it.

Back