News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I was Bridgeland yesterday and noticed that Bridgeland Crossings phase 2 is almost complete. I like the feel of entering Bridge Land off of Memorial and having those new buildings on both sides. It'll be even better once Steps is finished

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Don't forget about Radius! That should be starting up sometime this summer :)

Elements in Chinatown just about finished.

aaDSC_0142.JPG

Attachments

• aaDSC_0142.JPG
    aaDSC_0142.JPG
    886.5 KB · Views: 667
Meredith block in Bridgeland complete.

2016 May 17 058.JPG 2016 May 17 057.JPG 2016 May 17 047.JPG 2016 May 17 045.JPG 2016 May 17 044.JPG

Attachments

• 2016 May 17 044.JPG
    2016 May 17 044.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 239
  • 2016 May 17 045.JPG
    2016 May 17 045.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 256
  • 2016 May 17 047.JPG
    2016 May 17 047.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 265
  • 2016 May 17 057.JPG
    2016 May 17 057.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 240
  • 2016 May 17 058.JPG
    2016 May 17 058.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:
^ That one-sided billboard is bothering me; the fact that it seems to be targeting a parking lot of empty cars instead of the more active street it stands over seems misguided.

Back to the positive, really interested to see the underpass project when its completed; if it makes that connection more inviting it could serve a great example for other cities with similar neighbourhood-dividing infrastructure.

^ That one-sided billboard is bothering me; the fact that it seems to be targeting a parking lot of empty cars instead of the more active street it stands over seems misguided.

Back to the positive, really interested to see the underpass project when its completed; if it makes that connection more inviting it could serve a great example for other cities with similar neighbourhood-dividing infrastructure.

Image3.jpg

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 398
Looking forward to seeing how this new underpass looks when done. If anything the new lighting will make it much brighter and pedestrians will like that.

What would probably work best for cutting the divide is if there was a street which actually had attractions on both the Beltline and Downtown sides. This will help, but 4th is a generally unremarkable street on either side as it stands. 1st probably has the most life on both sides, but even it isn't great. The city needs to find some way to promote that beyond just the admittedly necessary underpass beautification.

What would probably work best for cutting the divide is if there was a street which actually had attractions on both the Beltline and Downtown sides. This will help, but 4th is a generally unremarkable street on either side as it stands. 1st probably has the most life on both sides, but even it isn't great. The city needs to find some way to promote that beyond just the admittedly necessary underpass beautification.
Agreed. I was looking forward to Place 10 being built and the change it would have on the underpass. I like the way some of the underpasses in Europe and Asia have shops and kiosks built into them.

Agreed. I was looking forward to Place 10 being built and the change it would have on the underpass. I like the way some of the underpasses in Europe and Asia have shops and kiosks built into them.

4th definitely holds promise. There are a few things in the vicinity presently and it will soon have development on almost all the blocks immediately straddling the underpass. That's a rarity, particularly as you go west. The other thing that could help is Grosvenor's stated plans to push Mission north of 17th. Maybe in a half dozen years 4th will serve as the key north South connection.

Back