News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Any news on the old YWCA site downtown? Someone posted a photo on reddit of the building with a large "Priestly Demolition" banner on it but there's no permits on dmap or myproperty?

oh yeah crap I didn’t snap a pic but me n my dog walked by yesterday and interior demolition is def underway. They’re installing a semi-permanent chainlink, not just temporary standing fence, around the site. Exterior demo any time.

Article about the Polar Bears coming to the Zoo. It says the renovated Canadian Wilds section of the zoo will open to the public on December 1st. Given how few details have been made public about the project, I'm curious to see what it ends up looking like. I'm also curious to learn what will be happening to the dinosaur park as I'm fairly certain that area was originally meant to be the polar bear exhibit as recently as a few years ago.

Article about the Polar Bears coming to the Zoo. It says the renovated Canadian Wilds section of the zoo will open to the public on December 1st. Given how few details have been made public about the project, I'm curious to see what it ends up looking like. I'm also curious to learn what will be happening to the dinosaur park as I'm fairly certain that area was originally meant to be the polar bear exhibit as recently as a few years ago.

https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/general-construction-updates.24791/post-1964167

A bit offtopic but I wanted to get some opinions. I think the city's DMAP is a great resource, but I really dislike that all development permits are indicated the same way, ie a 4 tower redevelopment or a community sized greenfield development is indicated on the map the same as a 'new sign' or 'change of use'.
I'd really prefer if permits that don't involve new builds/additions were indicated differently. I'm curious what people think about that.

Agreed, I would love to see some form of differentiation. A whole lot of "noise" on that map. I would also love to see another layer, besides land use and DP. Infrastructure projects. Things like interchanges or Main Street streetscapes. Make it red or something, and create a hatch area that is the boundary of the project, and include a link to the engagement page or the approved plans, along with a status of funding.

I think Seattle's map is the gold standard, but granted haven't looked around too hard at other jurisdictions:

Agreed, I would love to see some form of differentiation. A whole lot of "noise" on that map. I would also love to see another layer, besides land use and DP. Infrastructure projects. Things like interchanges or Main Street streetscapes. Make it red or something, and create a hatch area that is the boundary of the project, and include a link to the engagement page or the approved plans, along with a status of funding.

I think Seattle's map is the gold standard, but granted haven't looked around too hard at other jurisdictions:

Melbourne, hands down.

https://www.developmentactivity.melbourne.vic.gov.au/

awjowfjoa.PNG

fjwofajofwa.PNG

16th ave co-op parking lot is all blocked off and the sidewalk as well. No equipment on site but wonder if something might start happening there. Not sure if anything will ever happen but the building last used probably by Nenshi for his first campaign office but I think the fence was changed a bit recently and doors left open. Likely being squatted right now.

Back