News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

What other projects need to be done downtown? Glenn’s Museum, Arts common, Olympic Plaza and Eau Clair plaza are all currently or will be currently major projects. Think the city does a good job in spreading the dollars around
I think projects which brought lots of people downtown which accrued secondary public benefits and where that $ per person added to downtown is as low as possible.

Apartments in that people added are less valuable than student residence and hotels.

Students spend lots of money at businesses and are out and about. Hotels very similar.

So what crosses over to secondary public benefits and the people downtown factor.

I think projects which brought lots of people downtown which accrued secondary public benefits and where that $ per person added to downtown is as low as possible.

Apartments in that people added are less valuable than student residence and hotels.

Students spend lots of money at businesses and are out and about. Hotels very similar.

So what crosses over to secondary public benefits and the people downtown factor.
One of the conversions is to a hotel but I do see the point you're trying to make. Money could've been allocated elsewhere. Much like suburban sprawl gets subsidized so should this. The city can also do the basics and big projects, it can. People make jokes about the city and city workers but I think it is pretty well run. Although not perfect... Councillors can go off on some weird crusades (the takeaway plastics thing) but I'll take the problems we have versus other places.

It’s not the hugest problem. But when they’re talking about ultimately spending $500 million bucks+, I think they’re are better ways to do it that accomplish similar goals. Also cognizant that the east village infrastructure investment could be seen as a similar large subsidy and to let the project without sin cast the first stone.

IMG_5044.jpeg
IMG_5024.jpeg
IMG_5042.jpeg
Forgot to post these the other day. Utilities work on the area where the Student family housing was.

Captured a quick shot of all the mission bridge (and area) construction yesterday. I could find the plan for it on the city site but couldn't see any renders of what they're doing. Are they going to be similar improvements to the east side that they made a few years ago?

mission_bridge.jpg

I don't know much about concrete, but the spiderweb of cracks on that bridge always freaked me out (you can see them just to the right of the middle of the photo). Glad this repair is happening

Which is nuts cause from what I could see, there's not much for a pathway detour. I saw people jumping onto elbow drive to run and rollerblade around the barricades.

Back