News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

4E5E629D-961B-4130-AB89-D2B8E4472F7E.jpeg

I got very excited when I saw a DP for a piece of land in Currie... turns out Wildrose is just making their patios more permanent. Great spot to get a drink and food, went there on Sunday and the patio was closed because they didn't have enough staff. It was packed inside so a patio with heaters could allow them to have more people into the shoulder seasons. For a place with nothing around it, I'm shocked it does as well as it does.

WR.JPG
WR2.JPG

For reference, this is what I saw when looking at the DMAP:
WR3.JPG

Not sure if this is related to Brad Lamb's "Orchard" site, but they have been doing soil sampling there all week (on 5th street as well as 11th Ave). If it is related, maybe Brad feels the market is more advantageous now??

Not sure if this is related to Brad Lamb's "Orchard" site, but they have been doing soil sampling there all week (on 5th street as well as 11th Ave). If it is related, maybe Brad feels the market is more advantageous now??
Not sure if it was ever sold, might still be Lamb but with the interest from Ontario buyers they are definitely in a unique position to market and pre-sell condos. I would imagine it would be investor focused and if they can show rentals could have a decent cashflow, it could go forward with small units. Last check and my assumption is (that would be outdated) they would probably need around $625psf saleable to work it, caveat being that is on assumed land value and not considering current material costs. 6-8 months ago they were looking for ~$520-550psf seems like that's closer to $580-610psf. So we'll see, if condo supply drops and $psf rises and lots of these PBR rentals like BLVD rent well, Toronto investors will see cash flow is possible and i could see it getting the presales it needed to move.

Last edited:
The green line will have a station at 11 Ave and 5 St SE.
This is a below grade station... I thought maybe they'd integrate the station into the Orchard development but if I recall Orchard is on the southwest side of this block and the station looks to be right under 11 Ave (if they do cut and over like I think they will) and is advertised as the 4th Street station. So depending on where they were conducting soil sampling it could be both or neither. Maybe Tony's Auto Service lot is set to become a parking lot...

Back