News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Doesn't look like they are doing much other than installing solar panels on the two skinny sides. The two main facades look untouched unless they are replacing windows.
1655999779094.png

Estimate is a bit old, 2018.

The windows can be replaced without replacing the entire precast units I believe, and none have failed as outright as the end pieces. So unless investigation shows things being much worse than expected I'd bet windows only.

The end bits have been temporarily tied back into the building as they were falling off, so will likely be replaced entirely.

Does it mention anything about the windows? I suspect they were replaced at some point during the life of this building. They don't look particularly old.

I'm pleasantly surprised with this design. I feared the whole building was going to get the "Palliser Tower" treatment with all the precast getting replaced by cheap metal siding. I'm really happy they're using precast cement on the sides and not touching the main facades. That precast grid around the windows is really the main architectural feature of the building. The solar panels change the look of the building, but in a tasteful way.

Can wait to see the staggering amounts of electricity generated from those NW facing panels. So sustainable!
Faces NW. Should only be in permanent shadow from mid November to mid Feb. The cost should also be pretty pretty low, since it won't need dedicated converters and such. Plus lots of reflective surfaces all around it.

I will try and get a picture of it later, Amazon is building a massive data centre here in Airdrie. Had been curious about what the building was because it didn’t have the standard wall of loading dock doors on the back but is absolutely massive.

Buddy of mine has been doing some work there and he told me what it was today.

Edit: Here are a couple crappy phone pics. Apparently all cooling for building will be located inside so they have massive louvred sections on the back walls and all along the top of the entire building are louvres here as well.

7DA66E40-3C0C-4521-975A-B5324F9F96E1.jpeg
9239E376-4A62-40C0-ACEA-77393FCBF954.jpeg

Last edited:
The Stampede will feature North American Midway Entertainment's Super Wheel this year. It stands at 150 feet tall and can hold 144 passengers within climate controlled gondolas.
To help with the sudden tornadoes and hail storms we usually get during Stampede

Last edited:

Back