News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

We don't have a thread for this one yet, but Jeff Leiper has an update on the project at 335-339 Roosevelt (the former glass factory in Westboro)

The development proposal for 335-339 Roosevelt Avenue, comprising a mix of low and mid rise residential buildings, is currently going through the process for Site Plan Approval. Through a recent initial pre-consultation with staff, City Parks’ staff have requested parkland on the site. This was not contemplated during the previous Official Plan and Zoning By-Law amendment stages and therefore a revised site plan concept is being considered that would add one storey to one building and two storeys to another. Such a revision would also mean a potential OPA/rezoning. Our office will be hosting a virtual Open House to provide an opportunity for the applicant team to share information on the potential changes and to answer questions that the community may have.

We don't have a thread for this one yet, but Jeff Leiper has an update on the project at 335-339 Roosevelt (the former glass factory in Westboro)

The development proposal for 335-339 Roosevelt Avenue, comprising a mix of low and mid rise residential buildings, is currently going through the process for Site Plan Approval. Through a recent initial pre-consultation with staff, City Parks’ staff have requested parkland on the site. This was not contemplated during the previous Official Plan and Zoning By-Law amendment stages and therefore a revised site plan concept is being considered that would add one storey to one building and two storeys to another. Such a revision would also mean a potential OPA/rezoning. Our office will be hosting a virtual Open House to provide an opportunity for the applicant team to share information on the potential changes and to answer questions that the community may have.
That one has gone through a weird battle over the last decade. Why so much resistance on height immediately adjacent to a rapid transit station?

I think mostly because it fronts onto smaller residential streets (Roosevelt and Wilmont). Gives opponents a lot more ammunition to fight with.

This was a project from back before it was fairly obvious that it would be futile to fight everything.

I also think the neighbours believed that it would throw cold water on all development in the area. That mentally has died down a lot amongst the community, likely because a lot from that group have moved or gotten too old to fight.

Westboro is much younger now than it was 5 years ago, on my street anyone who moves in is mid 30s/40s.

Does anyone think it would someday be possible to have a unified cross provincial fed ntl cap region? I feel like dt hull would really bloom under that condition. I guess the main thing would be somehow still preserving French on qc side…

Possible yes, likely no. Both Ottawa and Gatineau get ignored by their respective provinces so people would have to get loud.

Does anyone think it would someday be possible to have a unified cross provincial fed ntl cap region? I feel like dt hull would really bloom under that condition. I guess the main thing would be somehow still preserving French on qc side…
It would benefit both Ottawa and Gatineau as both cities like Westbro said are ignored by their respective provinces. But strategically, Fed government would not want Gatineau leaving Quebec. And as much as they like to ignore this metro area, both provinces would lose a lot if both cities left to form their own region. It's highly unlikely it happens, it is possible, but highly unlikely.

The last time we saw a plan for Tremblay Station, the two towers on Pickering were only 16 stories. I'll be stoked to see them go up, but I'm more excited about the 30s tower. Good height variety in this plan.

Those two 40's on Scott are what really get my motor running. These will be the anchors of the entire Western skyline.

EvOsT8s.png

Not sure how to create a thread but got my hands on the details of the conceptual redevelopment of 1822 Bank St (Corner of Bank St & Walkley). See below screenshots of concept. 4 towers (40, 30, 24, 25 floors) and central open park space. 1,100 to 1,200 new units proposed.

Link to presentation here:

1709231460482.png

1709231470584.png

1709231448918.png

Saw that work at burned down trattoria Vittoria in the market has started behind stone facade. The owner dom Santa guida just did the new red brick condos at the foot of bank st bridge in old ott south. Wondering what he has planned for the market site given he has set out as a developer now.

Last edited:

Back