News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Which portion? I still have fingers and toes crossed that they are going to change their phasing plan and do the big ones first.

Don't think we have a thread for this one yet, but docs were filed for demolitions for the Interrent REIT project at Richmond and Churchill. This one was supposed to start construction last summer but was delayed by a year.

I live very close to that. My understanding was all the digging that hydro is currently doing on the sidewalks on Richmond was delayed as a result of the hydro strike last year. This building kind of needs that completed before they dug a big ass hole and needed to block parts of the road during excavation etc.

World Exchange Plaza yesterday. The 2nd level is still closed. It's tasteful, but also a little sterile...and no cetaceans.
20240311_163309.jpg

20240311_163334.jpg
20240311_163351.jpg
20240311_163228.jpg

Attachments

• 20240311_163302.jpg
    20240311_163302.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 15
Well that's disappointing. It was so much nicer before. This is St. Laurent level downgrade.

Hoping the food court is nicer. I like the concept of the entrance directly off of Queen, but haven't seen the result.
Is it much different than it was before?
St. Laurent was the very first thing that came to mind as I opened the door 🤣

At least this one has some wood, it's not entirely sterile.
The sterility of course, but also what it replaced, a warmer, more positive space with well loved sculptures suspended from the ceilings.

From the article in the Citizen today about Mandarin Ogilvie closing:

While the note doesn’t disclose it, the reason for the closure is that the restaurant’s plaza, which Hsieh’s family owns, is to be sold and developed into a 20-storey, mixed-use building that will offer more than 300 residential units. The building is to provide “an elevated living experience for young professionals,” says an online notice for the TCU Development Corp. project.

From the article in the Citizen today about Mandarin Ogilvie closing:

While the note doesn’t disclose it, the reason for the closure is that the restaurant’s plaza, which Hsieh’s family owns, is to be sold and developed into a 20-storey, mixed-use building that will offer more than 300 residential units. The building is to provide “an elevated living experience for young professionals,” says an online notice for the TCU Development Corp. project.
Spent a lot of time as a kid at Mr. Mugs, which took up a part of the building at the west end of the plaza. My mom's entire family would hang out there. We'd often find many of them there more often than at their own homes.

Not sure where to put this but...found this site today:

It's a bit like devapps but for projects that touch both federal and municipal. Click around!
1713970987981.png

Impact Assessment Agency of Canada
We promote sustainable development by conducting federal impact assessments of major projects, like mines, ports, and dams. We do this by looking at the environmental, economic, social, and health impacts of these projects and engaging meaningfully with Indigenous Peoples and the public.

Last edited:
They seem to be doing renos to some of the buildings (thank god). One of them seemed to have new balconies and new windows when I was driving west on the 417.

Back