News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Monday night saw Mississauga Planning Committee giving the green light on Port Credit GO Station Master Plan.

The city is objecting to the increase of parking spaces and the parking structure size like I am doing.

Once Council approves the final framework of the master plan, Metrolinx will be issuing an RFP for developers for the site with a frame structure guild-lines in place as what they can do and not do. The tallest building will be 22 story.

Metrolinx is still wants the parking structure underway by 2017 and it will be interesting to see where the current parking will be relocated to. Some will go on the empty lot to to south and some may go to the arena area.

Parking should be underground with a fee being charge to park there. This allows more opportunity for better return on development above it as well the towers plan for it.

Monday night saw Mississauga Planning Committee giving the green light on Port Credit GO Station Master Plan.

The city is objecting to the increase of parking spaces and the parking structure size like I am doing.

Once Council approves the final framework of the master plan, Metrolinx will be issuing an RFP for developers for the site with a frame structure guild-lines in place as what they can do and not do. The tallest building will be 22 story.

Metrolinx is still wants the parking structure underway by 2017 and it will be interesting to see where the current parking will be relocated to. Some will go on the empty lot to to south and some may go to the arena area.

Parking should be underground with a fee being charge to park there. This allows more opportunity for better return on development above it as well the towers plan for it.
Is there a document or EA for this master plan available online? Sounds like an interesting project to follow.

(Maybe there is a UT thread on this that I don't know about?)

Is there a document or EA for this master plan available online? Sounds like an interesting project to follow.

(Maybe there is a UT thread on this that I don't know about?)
I started a thread in the building thread and not much on line for this at this time. An 4-8 story parking structure on the current east lots with a tower of 18 & 22s on top of it. The station will be rebuilt for the 4th track on the south side.

The empty lot to the south to see an 18s tower. A few other sites for development.
http://www.credit-reserve.com/PortCredit_GO.html
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/projectsandprograms/mobilityhubs/MH_Study-Port-Credit.pdf
http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/pcgomasterplan
http://www.topca.net

Interesting. That Metrolinx report gives some interesting questions about the location of the LRT station at Port Credit GO. Did they pick and commit to one of the 4 options for LRT station placement since 2011?

A few pics of West Harbour from this afternoon.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image4.JPG

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    715.9 KB · Views: 744
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 727
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    385.7 KB · Views: 730
That elevated area is the Kiss-and-Ride.

There are 300 parking spots (most of them planned to be free). If parking becomes gangbusters popular there's expansion room by building a multilevel parking garage in place of the other surface lot (the spot further west of these photos).

Now that us Hamiltonians have apparently such a fancy GO station...
...it literally begs that the Niagara GO Trains stop here. (So we have weekend all-day 2-way Toronto-Hamilton-Niagara service).

(estimates only; received by trackside observations and GOtracker. Varies +/- 5 minutes if not impacted by Welland Canal, but usually slightly less than an hour between Union-Toronto -- faster than the typical Hamilton GO train due to its semiexpress nature).

And YouTube of Nigara train passing by mere centimeters away....

Metrolinx says they are working on extending the dead end track. The timing is the big wildcard -- I'm working to advocate it happens by 2016 rather than 2017-2018-2019.

rejhon_go2_track_possible_solution_for_summer_weekend_go_service.jpg

This work is already funded and planned (at least something very similar to this; mine is a guess/projection of the minimum possible work needed) due to needing to park trains at the Lewis train yard which is opening very soon in a few months.

But this work conveniently begs, begs, begs the tantalizingly close Niagara trains to stop here ASAP as well -- Toronto can go to Hamilton too, Hamilton can go to Niagara/Toronto too, etc.

Even CN might benefit, because West Harbour becomes spare siding track for GO trains. Freight trains can easily pass while GO trains are parked inside West Harbour, reducing delays for both parties. And during John Street bridge rebuild (coming in a few years I heard) -- CN trains theoretically temporarily going through West Harbour at nighttime whenever they need to shut down certain tracks during bridge rebuild. More flexibility all around, if CN just makes it a little bit easier for all this "100-ish meter" extension to happen a little bit sooner.

rejhon_go2_logistics_tylenol_aspirin.jpg

And it's probably far more complex than this, just for a very simple 100 meter(-ish) extension.
Fascinating study for local Hamilton residents, though!

Last edited:
Update on work at Exhibition GO (I'm sorry I don't have any pictures): It seems that work on a new station structure has resumed, after very little progress over the summer. Glass is currently being installed. Also grading work has resumed for the new track at the station.

Update on work at Exhibition GO (I'm sorry I don't have any pictures): It seems that work on a new station structure has resumed, after very little progress over the summer. Glass is currently being installed. Also grading work has resumed for the new track at the station.
Given the nature of the station/usage...it is likely an anomaly that more can be done here in the winter than the summer.

The Mimico to Union track shut down this weekend is due to demolition work on the Dunn & Dowling bridges. Interesting to note that Jamison is not being done as well at this time. Meaning there will need to be another track shut down in the future for it to come down. The reduction to hourly service between Pickering & Oshawa is due to the track realignment to the new bridge span at South Blair.

The Mimico to Union track shut down this weekend is due to demolition work on the Dunn & Dowling bridges. Interesting to note that Jamison is not being done as well at this time. Meaning there will need to be another track shut down in the future for it to come down. The reduction to hourly service between Pickering & Oshawa is due to the track realignment to the new bridge span at South Blair.
Brutal, but it will be worth it once we get to GO RER and these things have another 50-year lifespan.

Back