News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Prequalified Teams Selected for Lakeshore East – Central Corridor Project
January 29, 2018
Five (5) teams are prequalified to build and finance the Lakeshore East - Central Corridor Expansion project.

Teams were selected based on their construction capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. They include:

• EllisDon Infrastructure Transit (EDIT)
  • SNC-Lavalin Team (SNC)
  • Dragados Canada Inc. (Dragados)
  • Steel Head Constructors (SHC)
  • Lakeshore Rail Construction Partners (LRCP)
A request for proposals is expected to be released in spring 2018.

Visit here to learn more about the Lakeshore East - Central Corridor project.

Councillor Ana Bailao posted on January 30, 2018 the roll plan/site plan/track plan for the Bloor Station area showing how the 4th track on the Kitchener Line in this area will be added and the changes to the West Toronto Railpath. This plan was shown at a community meeting in November 2017 and is conceptual/not finalized. There is going to be a further meeting where they will revise the map based on feedback. Approximately 3,600 square metres in a linear orientation will be required from the ROW of the West Toronto Railpath park. The City and Metrolinx are negotiating on extending the Railpath further south. The actual width of the Railpath asphalt/concrete itself would not need to change. The PDF (warning, 25MB file) has a legend which describes what the various line colours represent.

On this PDF just note that the top most track would be the 4th new track for the Kitchener Line (it doesn't have a different colour from the rest) and that the existing centre platform isn't shown. The second-most eastern bridge truss over Bloor (added during the Georgetown South Project) will need to shift a little to the east for the fourth track. This can be done in one evening of work.

There will be a further public meeting on this project.

This is quite a fantasy topic, but I'll still ask it here.

If the Midtown GO line does become a reality, then there is a proposed station at Agincourt GO. How would this work? What I was thinking was either moving the current Agincourt GO Station south do the intersection (grade-separated) of the two rail corridors, and building a station on the perpendicular tracks. Another way would just be building the new platforms and having a long walkway from the current station to the new one.

Also, what other GO interchange stations are there?

If the Midtown GO line does become a reality, then there is a proposed station at Agincourt GO. How would this work? What I was thinking was either moving the current Agincourt GO Station south do the intersection (grade-separated) of the two rail corridors, and building a station on the perpendicular tracks. Another way would just be building the new platforms and having a long walkway from the current station to the new one.

There is not a single station on any current GO system where two lines intersect at a station.

You can say, transfer from the Stouffville line to the Lakeshore East Line at Danforth, but that is because they share the same line at that point. Not really an intersection.

Feb 03
These grade separations are taking a lot longer to build. By summer, the southbound lane should be open for both direction for CN Halton Sub so the rest of the retaining wall for the northbound lanes can be built.
40034221282_4b91cc75a8_b.jpg

39168234465_fe62100bab_b.jpg

39168236565_3572bb6a36_b.jpg

25194927667_6520b923de_b.jpg

The KW bridge is really behind that only a single track bridge centre support is pour and no end support in place yet. I am assuming this area will become a single track operation area while the the other 3 track bridge is built. Looks like 2019-20 before this area is complete
26193637388_48e3759f2e_b.jpg

26193638038_d97c8fef65_b.jpg

26193638708_430b240d95_b.jpg

26193639508_4ec65ec6fc_b.jpg

39168231355_975e35d268_b.jpg

Scarborough Station is pretty close. Stouffville pulls off immediately after it.
The occasional Stouffville train does stop at Scarborough GO in addition to Danforth GO. For example, currently the 16:48 from Union for example stops at both stations, before arriving at Kennedy GO at 17:10. Interestingly, the 22-minute travel time to Kennedy is the same as the preceeding train that only stops at Danforth GO. Perhaps the penalty for stopping at Scarborough is low, as they have to slow down so much for the curve leading out of the station anyways.

Personally, I think all the off-peak Stouffville trains should stop at both stations - and we've certainly been given the impression that the SmartTrack trains will stop here.

Move the station south of Sheppard. The south end of the new platform will abut the CP line. It'd be a super interchange if any future Sheppard rapid transit is also routed there, and it can be a better transit hub than Scarborough Centre and Don Mills.

Move the station south of Sheppard. The south end of the new platform will abut the CP line. It'd be a super interchange if any future Sheppard rapid transit is also routed there, and it can be a better transit hub than Scarborough Centre and Don Mills.
3-way rail interchange (Stouffville, Midtown, Sheppard Subway)? :eek:

Scarborough Station is pretty close. Stouffville pulls off immediately after it.

You can say, transfer from the Stouffville line to the Lakeshore East Line at Danforth (or Scarborough), but that is because they share the same line at that point. Not really an intersection.

3-way rail interchange (Stouffville, Midtown, Sheppard Subway)? :eek:

I dont think moving Agincourt would make sense if it was just to intersect with the Midtown line, but if an LRT or Subway stop was also in the mix I would say it would be worthwhile yes.

Its only 300 meters to the Midtown Line from Sheppard though.

I think if a subway or LRT stop was on Sheppard, it would just make more sense to keep Agincourt where it is, and have a pedestrian walkway or tunnel to the midtown line, and have the subway/lrt station as an intermediary between the two.

zBeUZUr.png

I dont think moving Agincourt would make sense if it was just to intersect with the Midtown line, but if an LRT or Subway stop was also in the mix I would say it would be worthwhile yes.

Its only 300 meters to the Midtown Line from Sheppard though.

I think if a subway or LRT stop was on Sheppard, it would just make more sense to keep Agincourt where it is, and have a pedestrian walkway or tunnel to the midtown line, and have the subway/lrt station as an intermediary between the two.

zBeUZUr.png
I think this is the best option, would allow access to all points.

Back