News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Poor Brampton, all they're going to see in the next 10 years is 3 LRT stations that just kiss their southern border. At least they've invested in their bus system to somewhat makeup for that fact.

Milton is another sad case in those maps.
^ And depending on how the CN-Metrolinx talks progress and funding, the Bypass could be added to allow for more service west of Bramalea. We'll see.

Poor Brampton, all they're going to see in the next 10 years is 3 LRT stations that just kiss their southern border.

They are getting 15 minute service to Bramalea. True that won't help when it comes to travelling within Brampton, but the way Brampton's laid out, really no single higher order line would be better than enhancing bus service across the board.

I really think Metrolinx was a bit overzealous in removing some new stations on the GO system around Toronto. Several of them I think should have been built.

I've added them here

D3TX3Ga.jpg

I realize that the Richmond Hill line is not GO-RER, but I don't think the stations are crazy close together. There are as many station stops on the current Stouffville line, which is also not GO RER at the moment and seems to work just fine.

I agree on those stations - but John/Greene and Woodbine/27 could probably wait a little. The other ones are very valid additions. The dundas station would be very nice, but I would be concerned about space. There isn't a ton of space for platforms there.

I really think Metrolinx was a bit overzealous in removing some new stations on the GO system around Toronto. Several of them I think should have been built.

I've added them here

D3TX3Ga.jpg

I realize that the Richmond Hill line is not GO-RER, but I don't think the stations are crazy close together. There are as many station stops on the current Stouffville line, which is also not GO RER at the moment and seems to work just fine.
The Richmond Hill Line cannot be electrified until the flood issue is addressed.

Is the Liberty Village station on the correct line? It's shown on the Barrie Line. I thought it was going on the Kitchener Line? Edit: never mind. I see what they did. It's a combined green line for Kitchener and Barrie and it doesn't show which station (Liberty/Spadina) is on which line.

Here's brand new Metrolinx images of each region:

View attachment 133257
Observation: DRL omitted -- it's post-2025 completion date

Last edited:
"Stouffville Corridor Update, Part 1: Storm Drainage, Construction Update"

Updates:

More Work to Combat Storm Drainage
  • In our continuing efforts to directly address storm drainage, Dufferin, our contractor, has done more work this week to address this issue; and
  • This includes the installation this week of a crossing culvert between McNicoll and Passmore Avenue, which has been completed. Meanwhile, the installation of a storm sewer to the south of Marilyn Avenue is ongoing.
Construction Update for This Week

Work Performed/Construction Activities:
  • Removing old ballast along the east slope of shifted track in between McNicoll yard Passmore Avenue crossing;
    • Ballasts are used to provide stability to a structure, and consist of rocks that make up part of the track bed
  • Poured concrete for signal cantilever foundation at northeast corner of McNicoll Avenue crossing;
  • Carried out field concrete tests and made cylinder samples for laboratory test;
  • Removing spoiled soil pile from the McNicoll yard; and
  • Installing pandrol clips with ties to the east side of the track in between Steeles and Passmore Avenue crossing
    • Pandrol clips are elastic fasteners that help attach the rail to the base plate, helping ensure the actual rail is secure.
Work Scheduled for This Week
  • Dewatering;
  • Snow removal;
  • Grading works;
  • Placing pre-ballast;
  • Installation of signal foundation at Finch Avenue crossing;
  • Skeleton track construction in between Kennedy Road and Steeles Avenue crossing; and
  • Double handing of ties and rail for south track.

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 166
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 183
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 168
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 182
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 170
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 174
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Nice pix! Where did you get this information?

I get them sent to me by a source at Metrolinx. Just kidding. I signed up for their email newsletter/update for this project. Fastest way to get on it is to email
scarboroughmarkham@metrolinx.com

There are several other projects which have email list but this is the most active one probably due to the activity of the project itself. To get on the other lists I lists I would recommend emailing the general customer service Metrolinx account and asking to get on everything if you're interested.

I get them sent to me by a source at Metrolinx. Just kidding. I signed up for their email newsletter/update for this project. Fastest way to get on it is to email
scarboroughmarkham@metrolinx.com

There are several other projects which have email list but this is the most active one probably due to the activity of the project itself. To get on the other lists I lists I would recommend emailing the general customer service Metrolinx account and asking to get on everything if you're interested.
Thanks! I ride the Stouffville Line every day. I will definitely benefit from the expansion. Based on the activities do you think Stouffville Line can get RER earlier than the other lines?

PC said that they are not touching RER no? If they want to buy vote from 416 they should at least keep the SmartTrack, I.e., electrified Stouffville Line portion.

Probably best to move this discussion into the thread discussing Provincial platforms. While they have, promises before forming government can sometimes change when parties actually form government.

No mention of it in their platform. Nor electrification. What they promised in the platform was all-day 2-way, which the money is mostly spent or contracted.

They've said they won't stop GO projects underway or under construction. I've been in meetings where they've said it and I believe this is referenced in the platform. Individual MPPs/candidates have spoken highly of electrification. I agree that they aren't as specific as they come be in writing, and that all of this could change. Just wanted to point out what I've heard directly.

We should probably move further replies to the other thread.

Back