News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Update on the GO Transit Control Centre in Oakville. The building itself seems to be in the finishing phase, and landscape work is wrapping up outside. Due to the high-security nature of this building, you'll notice that the smoking area is enclosed with high glass. Don't scare the animals!

Looking south towards Cornwall:
IjtxShx.jpg

Looking west:
IssGUJq.jpg

AZyYkfd.jpg

K07I0J9.jpg

h8KQf3I.jpg

Looking north:
3sHbazN.jpg
bbRQ7K5.jpg

everything about it screams cheap. Small window panels (cheap), cheap aluminum flashing encasing the windows, cheap metal siding, cheap address lettering, cheap commercial doors, etc. The only thing that seems to have had a small amount of money spent on it is the landscaping, which even then doesn't even have any trees, subsisting with large cobble expanses and some small shrubs. At least it isn't sod I guess. It's the sort of stuff you see on 90's industrial buildings in Vaughan. Even today's industrial buildings tend to use better materials than this.

everything about it screams cheap. Small window panels (cheap), cheap aluminum flashing encasing the windows, cheap metal siding, cheap address lettering, cheap commercial doors, etc. The only thing that seems to have had a small amount of money spent on it is the landscaping, which even then doesn't even have any trees, subsisting with large cobble expanses and some small shrubs. At least it isn't sod I guess. It's the sort of stuff you see on 90's industrial buildings in Vaughan. Even today's industrial buildings tend to use better materials than this.
If the price matches the materials I am fine with it.

At least Metrolinx isn't wasting money on exquisite admin buildings.

Back