News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^what is the projected ridership of this station?
pretty low at first but I believe that Metrolinx is thinking that this will get to be a quite busy station over the years. A lot of growth is happening at the north end of the 404 - They expect a lot of it to either get on the GO bus or drive down the 404 and get on the train here. This is supposed to become a bit of a "northern gateway" for GO I think.

pretty low at first but I believe that Metrolinx is thinking that this will get to be a quite busy station over the years. A lot of growth is happening at the north end of the 404 - They expect a lot of it to either get on the GO bus or drive down the 404 and get on the train here. This is supposed to become a bit of a "northern gateway" for GO I think.

i find this station unjustifiable especially since its part of a single track limited service operation. I would rather see this get built at unionville station. at least
markham has the numbers to support it not to mention a world class aquatics facility right next to it.

i find this station unjustifiable especially since its part of a single track limited service operation. I would rather see this get built at unionville station. at least
markham has the numbers to support it not to mention a world class aquatics facility right next to it.
In the meantime all Unionville is getting is a third turn-around track and a few canopies...

Any potential for high density TOD at this station?

I believe this station is also meant to be a major relief station for the Aurora Station.

So pretty much the same thing the TTC thought would happen at Don Mills with riders getting off the DVP and using the Sheppard line as an alternative. Look at how badly that worked out.

This model is already tried and failed but Metrolinx is intent on persisting on with it, so bravo to their shortsighted thinking.

It's a bit different here - don mills to downtown is about 45 minutes to downtown, parking is $5, and it's well south of where traffic starts (around Bloomington).

Here is north of the 404 traffic, has free parking, and will result in an overall faster time to downtown that don mills will.

It's a bit different here - don mills to downtown is about 45 minutes to downtown, parking is $5, and it's well south of where traffic starts (around Bloomington).

Here is north of the 404 traffic, has free parking, and will result in an overall faster time to downtown that don mills will.
Gormley to Union is already 56 min, from Bloomington will probably be 62 min. Driving from Bloomington to Don Mills takes 30 min + 45 min = 75 min. So assuming Bloomington GO is on the way on your commute, it should be faster than parking at Don Mills.

Back