50780871813_5f958894f7_b.jpg

50780871938_88fb0c5029_b.jpg

50781744922_5ef4cc4e39_b.jpg

50781745132_6568999437_b.jpg

50781745227_6e5317e074_b.jpg

50781637591_bf2f9df712_b.jpg

50780872673_ebbabc7892_b.jpg

50781746047_6e35962be0_b.jpg

After visiting 4 site under EllisDon control the last few says, they are all close for the Holidays.

It been 2-4 months since I visit 3 of them and only one has seen more work than the the other 2 to say EllisDon short manpower or they been shifted to Kipling to get it ready for Jan 4 opening.

More photos up on site and did not shoot many for both site since very little has taken place since my last visit.

Agincourt GO Station.
With the GO sale office at the south end for the station area, the existing station will most likely be torn in January to allow the rest of the new platform to the north of the new station to be built. The new station is shrink-wrap to allow work to take place inside of it with temporary heat. Haft of the new eastside platform has a slab and a roof with protection framing taking place for the other haft. This will allow for work to take place to finish the platform over the next few months. Otherwise, not much has happen since my last visit about 3 months ago. I find the platform too narrow at the new station area where the stairs will be to get to/from the new east platform.
50780854033_b96228ac3a_b.jpg

50781619026_05e1df6121_b.jpg

50781619266_a2d379b2f8_b.jpg

50781727572_2e3b05435b_b.jpg

50781619776_43d15198b2_b.jpg

50781727772_c8daf49edd_b.jpg

50781728187_0334eb257b_b.jpg

50781620526_cc15434c39_b.jpg

50781620876_7a3b86aeeb_b.jpg

50781621056_b26c9a52be_b.jpg

Millikan GO Station
I thought I would see more excavation for the new Steeles underpass on this trip, but very little change from what I saw on my last visit early Nov. The pit for the new stair/elevator tunnel from Steeles for the new west side platform is dug out as well at the south end. More steel up for the roof of the new east platform and you can see where the elevator will be for access from Steeles underpass sidewalk. If one of the platform elevator is out of service, riders will be able to access the other platform one and then use one of the 2 to get back to/from the platform they want to use in the first place.

Until they have elevators for both platforms working and open, the south end of the current platform can't be built. The new east platform will be use for service while the rest of the new west platform can be built as well installing the 2nd track.
50781616771_906b4f120a_b.jpg

50781616926_6a17046895_b.jpg

50780852558_8979d79955_b.jpg

50780852643_2313bd9d3a_b.jpg

50781617976_2e4dee77f7_b.jpg

50781618296_8dc44d06b3_b.jpg

50780853623_d8157965ae_b.jpg

50780853723_2d7f7f642b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Does the construction of the Don Layover Facility mean that future expansion and rehabilitation of the Governors Bridge track is blocked?

Does the construction of the Don Layover Facility mean that future expansion and rehabilitation of the Governors Bridge track is blocked?

No.

Though said track would not be usable (were it in the condition to be) with trains stored in the way.

But changes to layout, and/or relocation of train storage are easy enough.

Though additional trackage would raise objections from environmentalists.

As one myself, I wouldn't oppose additional trackage, so long as it resulting in removing the existing Bala sub from its junction w/Don Branch to just north of Pottery Rd.; as I would consider that a reasonable trade.

(Bala would operate via the Don Branch up to, but then beyond the 1/2 mile bridge, reconnecting to the existing alignment north of Pottery Rd.)

But all that is for another day.

In summation, this work doesn't preclude a rehabbed Don to CP track.

But it would preclude using that track during times when trains are stored in the layover, subject to further changes.

Last edited:
Though said track would not be usable (were it in the condition to be) with trains stored in the way.

But changes to layout, and/or relocation of train storage are easy enough.

Though additional trackage would raise objections from environmentalists.

As one myself, I wouldn't oppose additional trackage, so long as it resulting in removing the existing Bala sub from its junction w/Don Branch to just north of Pottery Rd.; as I would consider that a reasonable trade.

(Bala would operate via the Don Branch up to, but then beyond the 1/2 mile bridge, reconnecting to the existing alignment north of Pottery Rd.)

But all that is for another day.

In summation, this work doesn't preclude a rehabbed Don to CP track.

But it would preclude using that track during times when trains are stored in the layover, subject to further changes.

You wouldn't be able to double track it then right? It seems like theres no more room for tracks in the eastern-most span (unless you pushed the DVP retaining wall east). And the span immediately to the west is occupied by the Don Valley Trail, the service road and power lines.

Would that be a problem for future service patterns?

You wouldn't be able to double track it then right? It seems like theres no more room for tracks in the eastern-most span (unless you pushed the DVP retaining wall east). And the span immediately to the west is occupied by the Don Valley Trail, the service road and power lines.

Would that be a problem for future service patterns?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here.

If you're asking is there room to double-track the Don Branch, the answer is yes, in that that was the original plan for creating the layover space (the plan as is currently proposed would use only a single track to reduce the facility footprint.)

If you're asking where would the Don Trail go, in the narrowest section (south of Pottery) ; the answer in my plan above would be to shift it onto what is now the Bala sub (trail bed is already built).

If you're asking about Twin Tracking the 1/2 mile bridge, I don't see that as at all likely.

If you're asking about something else; I should have waited for your clarification! LOL

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here.

If you're asking is there room to double-track the Don Branch, the answer is yes, in that that was the original plan for creating the layover space (the plan as is currently proposed would use only a single track to reduce the facility footprint.)

If you're asking where would the Don Trail go, in the narrowest section (south of Pottery) ; the answer in my plan above would be to shift it onto what is now the Bala sub (trail bed is already built).

If you're asking about Twin Tracking the 1/2 mile bridge, I don't see that as at all likely.

If you're asking about something else; I should have waited for your clarification! LOL
I'm asking about whether there is room to double track the Don branch. It seems like the facility doesn't have room for a double track, that the buildings are built right up to the single track, leaving no room to the west for a second track.

I'm asking about whether there is room to double track the Don branch. It seems like the facility doesn't have room for a double track, that the buildings are built right up to the single track, leaving no room to the west for a second track.

I would say there is; and add that these buildings are small, single-storey and essentially disposable if in the way of future plans.

Notwithstanding that, take a look at this render:

1609448971015.png

I would read space for a second track as being there, albeit that would make the remaining space next to the buildings rather cozy.

^There is certainly enough physical space to double track, but some of the track bed has slopes, and that might lead to fairly substantial fills, or retaining walls. Not that complicated, but it might be rather intrusive.

I suspect the attraction of this space as a layover yard is that it's quick and easy, provided a second use of the line isn't happening any time soon. If that second use materialised, it might be cheaper to relocate the yard than do the doubling.

- Paul

Please learn to read. I said they WILL be 30 minutes or less. Will = future tense.

If you are ESL disregard my snarky comment, keep up the learning of english.
I am new to english yes, I am sorry.

Exciting to see we will rebuild Unionville station with an additional platform right after we are rebuilding it right now

I would say there is; and add that these buildings are small, single-storey and essentially disposable if in the way of future plans.

Notwithstanding that, take a look at this render:

View attachment 291849

I would read space for a second track as being there, albeit that would make the remaining space next to the buildings rather cozy.

I don't think I've seen this rendering before. Where is it from?

I am new to english yes, I am sorry.

Exciting to see we will rebuild Unionville station with an additional platform right after we are rebuilding it right now

No problem! My appologies.

Ha there is a ton of that here.

Exhibition station had been in a state of perpetual slow motion construction since like, 2012.

And now its gonna be completely redone again for the Ontario Line.

Any chance Richmond Hill line is going to get extended north? Since the Stouffville line is pretty much a dead end, and can't be extended.

Back