News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Yes, they were.

Dan

So they were. There had been so many plans announced for Maple that have never happened that I'd missed the fact that some things actually got done.

All the same, assuming GO will want the new platform and station to be at the same standard as the other new stations, this is a major project that won't happen overnight.

I do maintain that ML's prose is much too effusive for its output. Especially when they refuse to divulge actual tcd's for anything. It's like the server putting the breadsticks on your table and announcing "Look! Your wonderful dinner is arriving!". Maybe when I get my salad.....

- Paul

20220423 GO Maple b.jpg

Is the plan to reactive them one day? I can't remember...why are they sitting unused?

There were lots of promises and plans.

November 2016

This document (undated) says the tunnels were completed May 7 2017. Presumably they are just sitting, empty, and capped. I'm not clear on whether they include shafts for elevators, if not those will have to be excavated and poured.

December 2019

Not that I'm grinding an axe, or impatient, or anything.

- Paul

Last edited:
^ Thanks, but for context are they going to wait until the rest of the berry line upgrades/more two-way service/second track to open them?

^ Thanks, but for context are they going to wait until the rest of the berry line upgrades/more two-way service/second track to open them?

I certainly read the latest release to say that the Maple-Rutherford double track was an early work, ie immediate, but that might be my error.

Without the second platform in place at Maple, double tracking cannot realistically be placed in revenue service and little additional 2WAD can be scheduled. I would have to conclude that they will be waiting for the station. To my mind, that pushes things back towards the rest of the upgrades…. but maybe that just means that those other upgrades will take even longer than the spin suggests.

- Paul

So they were. There had been so many plans announced for Maple that have never happened that I'd missed the fact that some things actually got done.

All the same, assuming GO will want the new platform and station to be at the same standard as the other new stations, this is a major project that won't happen overnight.

I do maintain that ML's prose is much too effusive for its output. Especially when they refuse to divulge actual tcd's for anything. It's like the server putting the breadsticks on your table and announcing "Look! Your wonderful dinner is arriving!". Maybe when I get my salad.....

- Paul

View attachment 395360
I certainly read the latest release to say that the Maple-Rutherford double track was an early work, ie immediate, but that might be my error.

Without the second platform in place at Maple, double tracking cannot realistically be placed in revenue service and little additional 2WAD can be scheduled. I would have to conclude that they will be waiting for the station. To my mind, that pushes things back towards the rest of the upgrades…. but maybe that just means that those other upgrades will take even longer than the spin suggests.

- Paul
I find it funny how the gravel was put in place at Maple for years now, and still they didn't start working on the 2nd platform. I emailed Metrolinx like a year ago asking when it was going to start, and they said it would start Q1 of this year, since they had to revise their plans to remove the entrance to Lindenshire. I wonder what the holdup is now.

I find it funny how the gravel was put in place at Maple for years now, and still they didn't start working on the 2nd platform. I emailed Metrolinx like a year ago asking when it was going to start, and they said it would start Q1 of this year, since they had to revise their plans to remove the entrance to Lindenshire. I wonder what the holdup is now.
The last station plan called for two new entrances as part of the second platform's construction which would give direct access to the adjacent suburban homes that are currently separated by a fence. It was a common sense idea. The residents were afraid that their children would use it to escape their homes... since the current walking time to the station is around 12 minutes and, with direct entrances, it would take 0. They were also afraid of "crime"... as if a transit entrance would bring over a bunch of hoodlums to their peaceful community. It honestly baffles me because this would put transit access right outside their door and the design was very reasonable & unnoticeable. It's NIMBYism like this that drives me crazy. They take the most reasonable, inoffensive amenity and drag it into the ground.

The last station plan called for two new entrances as part of the second platform's construction which would give direct access to the adjacent suburban homes that are currently separated by a fence. It was a common sense idea. The residents were afraid that their children would use it to escape their homes... since the current walking time to the station is around 12 minutes and, with direct entrances, it would take 0. They were also afraid of "crime"... as if a transit entrance would bring over a bunch of hoodlums to their peaceful community. It honestly baffles me because this would put transit access right outside their door and the design was very reasonable & unnoticeable. It's NIMBYism like this that drives me crazy. They take the most reasonable, inoffensive amenity and drag it into the ground.
i assume the real reason is they don't want traffic in there dead end community

i assume the real reason is they don't want traffic in there dead end community
^ This is the main reason iirc. One of the biggest concerns is that building that entrance would just crowd their street with people getting dropped off or tons of on street parking - which would result in additional noise and traffic in what is a tiny neighbourhood, and they simply didn't want that. It makes sense honestly, but its kind of a bummer. I would take a direct entrance over not having much traffic in a heartbeat.

KENNEDY GO station improvements on the Stouffville Line...

Photo 2022-04-24, 4 32 33 PM.jpg

Platforms looking North East towards Eglinton bridge over the tracks.

Photo 2022-04-24, 4 33 45 PM.jpg

Transfer area between Subway Station and GO Train looking North East towards Eglinton bridge over the tracks.

KENNEDY GO station improvements on the Stouffville Line...

View attachment 395444
Platforms looking North East towards Eglinton bridge over the tracks.

View attachment 395445
Transfer area between Subway Station and GO Train looking North East towards Eglinton bridge over the tracks.
At one moment I thought there are solar panel on top of the canopy, btw, metrolinx should do it.

April 24
Kennedy
52030381569_36be0b6c80_b.jpg

52029085057_04671e3a4d_b.jpg

52030381734_440a9ab03f_b.jpg

52030165593_d645dace61_b.jpg

52030165628_315ffef3b5_b.jpg

52030379634_f51e34c11e_b.jpg

52030165673_fba5574d22_b.jpg

More up on my site
Agincourt
This station should be finish before Milliken that has all 4 elevators install. It looks like the current north crossing will be close off requiring people to use the station tunnel at the north end. The east side connection to Sheppard is taking a long time to be dug out as well built. Some grading has been done on Sheppard overpass for the 2nd track.
52030646130_c8d03f5a70_b.jpg

52030130661_e85be0e881_b.jpg

52030645830_e4a016d434_b.jpg

52030164298_712a48716c_b.jpg

52029083752_0b9201f0a5_b.jpg

52030163983_e8dffac6e5_b.jpg

52029083442_924a5fdfbd_b.jpg

52030129846_3d70f85b50_b.jpg

52030379834_52217e5611_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back