News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Guelph Central:

You know, I give the contractor working on this lots of credit- the new platform is coming together quite nicely, I’m really impressed.Weston’s fourth platform and Burlington are infamous examples. I’m guessing it’ll be done around spring.

205D0ED8-9FD5-45ED-A380-7B547CC577F7.jpeg
DE426F88-ED91-4030-93C6-B4023C7CF747.jpeg
8D51893C-07BC-49E3-81CE-0AF00FFD2E6C.jpeg
6A23B817-A43A-4B73-B5F4-740C15EFD906.jpeg

Guelph Central:

You know, I give the contractor working on this lots of credit- the new platform is coming together quite nicely, I’m really impressed.Weston’s fourth platform and Burlington are infamous examples. I’m guessing it’ll be done around spring.

View attachment 425097View attachment 425098View attachment 425099View attachment 425100
I also like how the construction signage explains what the work will help achieve. Great for non-transit normies lol.

I also like how the construction signage explains what the work will help achieve. Great for non-transit normies lol.
And to think almost 3 years ago just before the pandemic Locomotive 6167 was moved to make way for the 2nd platform and complaints it caused as the gen pop weren't communicated as to why.

^Have we actually seen a plan or render for what the second platform at Guelph will look like when completed?
Will it have an above ground structure with waiting areas, glass walls, and a roof, similar to say Brampton/Bramalea and/or the Stouffville line station upgrades?

I went looking for info on the ML web site but found none.

If this is to be a "full" station structure, it will take a while to finish. (All the better that it's under way)

- Paul

At some point we may want a UT thread devoted to this but for now:

Dream Kilmer will re-zone and redevelop Metrolinx land for future home of Spadina- Front GO Station.

Integrating transit into the places people live, work, shop and play is the smart, forward-thinking approach that creates convenient and reliable ways to connect more people to transit

This is exactly what Metrolinx is planning to do at the southwest corner of Front Street West and Spadina Avenue in downtown Toronto to increase housing supply and spur new economic opportunities.

The plan is to transform a 1.01-acre site at 433 Front Street West into a new mixed-use development that will connect the future Spadina-Front GO Station to a high-density mixed-use development.

This is an opportunity to bring more housing, jobs and transit options to the growing population of downtown Toronto.

People living, working, and visiting Toronto will benefit from two-way, all-day GO Train service with faster trains and more frequent service that will better connect the region.

The site located at 433 Front Street West currently serves as the North Bathurst Yard, a train layover facility where GO Trains are stored during non-peak periods.

More at: https://blog.metrolinx.com/2022/09/08/development-partner-selected-to-transform-front-and-spadina/

Dream Kilmer will re-zone and redevelop Metrolinx land for future home of Spadina- Front GO Station.

Integrating transit into the places people live, work, shop and play is the smart, forward-thinking approach that creates convenient and reliable ways to connect more people to transit

This is exactly what Metrolinx is planning to do at the southwest corner of Front Street West and Spadina Avenue in downtown Toronto to increase housing supply and spur new economic opportunities.

The plan is to transform a 1.01-acre site at 433 Front Street West into a new mixed-use development that will connect the future Spadina-Front GO Station to a high-density mixed-use development.

This is an opportunity to bring more housing, jobs and transit options to the growing population of downtown Toronto.

People living, working, and visiting Toronto will benefit from two-way, all-day GO Train service with faster trains and more frequent service that will better connect the region.

The site located at 433 Front Street West currently serves as the North Bathurst Yard, a train layover facility where GO Trains are stored during non-peak periods.

More at: https://blog.metrolinx.com/2022/09/08/development-partner-selected-to-transform-front-and-spadina/
There is a thread for it in the building form for it https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...t-227-23m-70s-craft-dev-corp-sweeny-co.27279/

I thought this said Val Kilmer

Back