News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Reece, I’m glad your advocating for this. Some advice I’d give to move this forward is attend every consultation/public meeting that Metrolinx holds. I’m sure your planning on it, but even if they don’t go forward with the superior design I’m sure the planners at one of the meetings would tell you why. I know that’s a question you’ve been grappling with.
I've had quite a few conversations about that honestly, and it's the usual reasons

All pedestrian walkways, including the bridge over Steeles Avenue at Milliken GO Station are now open.

539F688C-755B-4270-802C-B36D7187217F.jpeg
FA24046A-8ABD-4B12-91F9-02EFD8D9B20E.jpeg
A980B9EC-5ED4-4884-B507-F158781F696B.jpeg
56243D05-A417-48E9-B7D9-7F53967CDE01.jpeg
11014F66-CBF1-4AB6-9E04-8D7AD422DEC2.jpeg
2ACA2945-ECE3-4675-A863-95A3BCD21916.jpeg
036A86A7-7EFD-4DC1-9F91-A398074BF0BA.jpeg
DE62E80A-2904-4AED-B4FA-66548D247775.jpeg
2DC603ED-58F4-4AFC-B3AB-F3BDC11EC062.jpeg
9789C899-D9E2-49A9-8F83-05612926EED1.jpeg
B876D69C-918E-4E7F-B9A4-FC05718E63AB.jpeg
72AD74F4-EF40-4963-888E-F784E1B1E094.jpeg
54CC3D5D-F45D-43EB-BF72-9D38F77A3039.jpeg

$, what else can it be?

Well, the challenge of building in a space that you may not completely own, while accommodating those who own the air rights above your planned station, with plans to place a complicated set of structures over top of your platforms, with some constraints and certainties about how it would connect to things like PATH and transit and the street grid.....

Having said that, it's not a bad idea. An anecdote - I recently took a train from Brussels Central Station to Amsterdam. Using my North American assumptions, I turned up on the platform 25 minutes before departure. My train was not there.... in fact, it was the sixth train to use that platform in those 25 minutes.

The Spadina-Union opportunity strikes me as very similar to a Brussels Midi -Bussels Centrale pairing. Once we get further along an operational mindset where trains come and go that freely, having a stop a stones throw from Union is quite doable. But I suspect the situation will have to get a lot worse before anyone puts it forward with conviction. Hopefully the development over top will not happen first, in a way that precludes it happening later. Timing is everything.

- Paul

Well, the challenge of building in a space that you may not completely own, while accommodating those who own the air rights above your planned station, with plans to place a complicated set of structures over top of your platforms, with some constraints and certainties about how it would connect to things like PATH and transit and the street grid.....

Having said that, it's not a bad idea. An anecdote - I recently took a train from Brussels Central Station to Amsterdam. Using my North American assumptions, I turned up on the platform 25 minutes before departure. My train was not there.... in fact, it was the sixth train to use that platform in those 25 minutes.

The Spadina-Union opportunity strikes me as very similar to a Brussels Midi -Bussels Centrale pairing. Once we get further along an operational mindset where trains come and go that freely, having a stop a stones throw from Union is quite doable. But I suspect the situation will have to get a lot worse before anyone puts it forward with conviction. Hopefully the development over top will not happen first, in a way that precludes it happening later. Timing is everything.

- Paul
Are there multiple staircases from platform to south side Steeles Ave? Or just one stairs and one elevator per platform per side of street?

They built a brand new lane for motor traffic along a designated transit priority corridor and it's not reserved for buses...

We need to get them to designate the curb lane as a reserved bus lane as soon as possible otherwise car traffic will increase to fill the space and it will be harder to get it designated as a bus lane in the future.

Last edited:
They built a brand new lane for motor traffic along a designated transit priority corridor and it's not reserved for buses...

We need to get them to designate the curb lane as a reserved bus lane as soon as possible otherwise car traffic will increase to fill the space and it will be harder to get it designated as a bus lane in the future.
We need to designate the 3rd lane along Steeles Ave to reserved bus lanes from 100m east of Woodbine / Hwy404 NB Off Ramp to Midland Ave to provide 4.2km of bus lanes in each direction.

Looks like they shift service to the east platform or about to now to allow the track work to be completed for the west one. With access to both walkways now open allows for the shifting of service to the east platform
Are there multiple staircases from platform to south side Steeles Ave? Or just one stairs and one elevator per platform per side of street?
Both sides

Time to look at doing my final or 2nd last trip to this station.

More or less, not much more to be seen for Agincourt until the 2nd track is connected at the south end with no timetable for it to happen anytime soon.

I am assuming TTC has put in the bus stop at the entrance for the new staircases/elevators or will be doing it shortly. There is a huge concrete pad for the eastbound buses and haven check to see about the north side as it been close ofvfor a long time.

Last edited:

Back