News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

A crossover for the second track between Guelph and Kitchener is installed, and tracks are being laid.

PXL_20230922_184937709.jpg

PXL_20230922_184935054.jpg

Sept 2
Finally up loaded photos for Davenport Grade Separation and Exhibition GO/OL Station to my site

Sept 2
Finally up loaded photos for Davenport Grade Separation and Exhibition GO/OL Station to my site
I just saw the Milliken GO Station. What the heck are they thinking with that wayfinding?? The Steeles street entrances just have a picture of a train and a number 2 on one side, and on the other there is no signage?? Is the fact this is a transit station named Milliken with GO services a secret? The stairs down just say "Steeles Ave"?? Don't they think "south side" is an important detail considering at the other side of the bridge is also Steeles Ave??

Thanks for the update! Looks like they're working on some sort of reinforcement to the old station site? Lots of work for an extra track!
I think utilities and drainage are the big things here. It makes a bit more sense now why this was deferred. Still no excuse for an 8 year delay.

Are they going to reconnect it to the mainline here or run a third track all the way to Confederation and connect to the mainline after that point?
yes

Are they going to reconnect it to the mainline here or run a third track all the way to Confederation and connect to the mainline after that point?
The original plan under the liberals was a third track - now it’s connecting it shortly past West Harbour and then having dedicated tracks at Confederation again, with only 2 tracks in between.

Do you think they’re future-proofing for a third track?
There is space in the corridor for 4-5 tracks and all bridges up to the red hill Valley Parkway support 4 tracks. I think it's likely just a cost factor why they didn't run the third track (likely the cost of the red hill Valley bridge). I'm hoping for gradual expansion with grade separations, speed upgrades, and 3rd track along that corridor.

Back