News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Re Hamilton West Harbour - will the switch be under/before the overbridge? I’ve been assuming the width of the graded area is one track and a service road because it seems hard to believe two parallel tracks will fit under the bridge span, but perhaps I’m mistaken?
I have to assume the 2 tracks will continue under James St and John St and will then have a switch to the east of John St. The entire point of the John St bridge rebuild a few years back was to fit two tracks under the bridge so it would be lind of pointless to have the switch before that bridge.

This great picture post by @tsm1072 provides in my opinion some obvious clarity on where the tracks will be going. If you're not familiar with the area I can draw on the photos to provide some additional context:

Last edited:
Re Hamilton West Harbour - will the switch be under/before the overbridge? I’ve been assuming the width of the graded area is one track and a service road because it seems hard to believe two parallel tracks will fit under the bridge span, but perhaps I’m mistaken?
This work notice from 2023 is the only track diagram we have for the West Harbour tie-in. It is by no means a technical drawing but might give some clues. It shows station tracks converging just past James, and the mainline tie in just before Mary.

1721015185054.png

Back