News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I'd disagree with it. I'm of the earlier generation and I've always viewed Mississauga as a totally unwalkable suburban hell - except perhaps in the old Port Credit area.

Central Hamilton has always been far cooler than that. That said, I don't think two central GO stations benefits the city. Especially with neither connecting well to the LRT.
Hamilton is an actual city. It has a real urban fabric, a downtown walkable core, a very old history, architecture, etc etc. Mississauga, Vaughan and Brampton are like you said, suburban hell. Sprawling suburbs, with a network of major 4 lane wide roads that are not walkable. They just aren't cities, they're suburbs to Toronto. Nothing wrong with that, that's just how it is.

I'd disagree with it. I'm of the earlier generation and I've always viewed Mississauga as a totally unwalkable suburban hell - except perhaps in the old Port Credit area.

I didn't agree with a comment that said every area is identical or has equal appeal as living or shopping area to everyone, I agreed with the idea that the region (Toronto) could generally be seen as one Metropolitan area, which it is, the Greater Goldenhorseshoe.

That said, I don't think two central GO stations benefits the city. Especially with neither connecting well to the LRT.

If one is seeking maximum commuters to Toronto, stations on the Lakeshore line are preferable, if one is seeking people to be in-bound to downtown Hamilton for work or play, then a station downtown makes more sense.

I don't really see, in the fullness of time, why both can have reasonably frequent services. (every 15M in peak, and every 30M off-peak). I just don't think a major investment to expand service in the downtown area of Hamilton is pending anytime soon.

I didn't agree with a comment that said every area is identical or has equal appeal as living or shopping area to everyone, I agreed with the idea that the region (Toronto) could generally be seen as one Metropolitan area, which it is, the Greater Goldenhorseshoe.

If one is seeking maximum commuters to Toronto, stations on the Lakeshore line are preferable, if one is seeking people to be in-bound to downtown Hamilton for work or play, then a station downtown makes more sense.

I don't really see, in the fullness of time, why both can have reasonably frequent services. (every 15M in peak, and every 30M off-peak). I just don't think a major investment to expand service in the downtown area of Hamilton is pending anytime soon.
Exactly. That's the issue we're trying to bring attention to. Despite the obvious need for increased service, there is no plan for it. For some reason that the public is not being made aware of.

Back