News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Off the current topic, so please forgive me. But does anyone know if the level crossings along the Stouffville Line, between the Scarborough Junction(?) and Unionville Go, are going to be separated? And if so, why not now, while the whole thing is still such a mess being worked on? Outside of Steeles, which is being done.
there is a plenty of them in RER packages :)

Yes I read what Metrolinx had on the subject so far. Outside of Finch and Steele’s, however, there are a half-dozen other arteries that should have merited mention but have not been. I.e. Denison, Kennedy, McNicholl, Huntington etc. And again, if the plan is to separate some or all of these, wouldn’t it be better to get to these works presently?

Yes I read what Metrolinx had on the subject so far. Outside of Finch and Steele’s, however, there are a half-dozen other arteries that should have merited mention but have not been. I.e. Denison, Kennedy, McNicholl, Huntington etc. And again, if the plan is to separate some or all of these, wouldn’t it be better to get to these works presently?

There are no plans to separate any of those.

Other than Kennedy, I dont feel like any of the others are big enough roads to merit separation until we get into 8 minute frequencies all day. (15 minutes each direction)

It would be a waste to do it now.

There are no plans to separate any of those.

Other than Kennedy, I dont feel like any of the others are big enough roads to merit separation until we get into 8 minute frequencies all day. (15 minutes each direction)

It would be a waste to do it now.
I disagree. If the plan is still to go 15 minute frequency all day, then the time to do them would be now, instead of waiting until after such time as current work gets finished. And then we’re talking about disrupting a then-established (hopefully) steady service with multiple heavy infrastructure projects, on top of electrification

According to industry standards in terms of grade seperation "need", every single crossing south of Unionville needs to go.

York Region is planning to widen Kennedy relatively soon, it will get done in the nearish term. The others will follow as well in due time.

I disagree. If the plan is still to go 15 minute frequency all day, then the time to do them would be now, instead of waiting until after such time as current work gets finished. And then we’re talking about disrupting a then-established (hopefully) steady service with multiple heavy infrastructure projects, on top of electrification
As much as I support this, I don't see it happening.

According to industry standards in terms of grade seperation "need", every single crossing south of Unionville needs to go.

York Region is planning to widen Kennedy relatively soon, it will get done in the nearish term. The others will follow as well in due time.

Even the Lakeshore corridor still has a few - Chartwell in Oakville comes to mind.

The questions for the Metrolinx meeting are clearly being stacked one or two people.

Four questions have one or several duplicates:

1) Why no trains to Whitby from 3:15-4pm on weekdays?
2) Where's the extension to Bomanville at?
3) Why is service crappy on the LSE (while it would always be better, this is the best served line in the system)
4) When are we getting more parking/improvements to Oshawa GO.

Of these question one actually merits an answer, that is an inordinate gap.

Bomanville is going nowhere in the short-term, unless we all get a surprise.

Oshawa GO won't get more parking as long as new stations in Oshawa and Courtice are on the table.

Though someone asked if they could put in a protected bike path to Oshawa GO.......there does seem to be some room available.......though they (Metrolinx) don't normally fund this type of work.

Even the Lakeshore corridor still has a few - Chartwell in Oakville comes to mind.
2 are plan to be grade separated starting this year. There are 5 in Oakville with to 2 be done this year. Mississauga has 6, with 2 need to be close and 3 will require homes to be torn down as well road reconfiguration to build the grade separated.

The questions for the Metrolinx meeting are clearly being stacked one or two people.
Ever since voting up a couple of posts there earlier, my Sixth Sense has been ringing, because I know damn well that Verster and the Metrolugx are evasive and outright...err...'fantasists'...

And it's the *down votes*! It's the inverse of the point you're making. There's some very embarrassing questions up there...with an odd number of down votes...and now it's struck me! THEY are the ones doing the down-votes! Think about it, why would anyone down-vote good questions?

There is the chance that it's the 'avid few' you mention trying to climb their way to the top, but if that's the case, it also indicates a flaw in the voting system.

Going by past performance, Metrolinx will avoid some of those questions at all costs. In all fairness, they're really questions for QP to be answering, but if that's the case, then have a Ripper Rep from the Regime at the Town Hall Meeting to account for themselves, instead of having pretend answers from Metrolinx.

Of these question one actually merits an answer, that is an inordinate gap.
The bigger gap on the Lakeshore east is between 1746 and 1838 from Whitby (Acually from Oshawa, Whitby and Ajax). That gap has been a bane to many, many concert, sporting event and other event goers for years since the whole line was just hourly.

Back