14E3687E-DDC4-43E8-AB83-1DD829185968.jpeg
C707809B-029D-4E85-860F-F9391AEF5A7F.jpeg
421E5AFF-95D5-4037-BC5C-73AC8C738F70.jpeg
75FB09AF-B260-4071-9DB2-84283934B25B.jpeg
548DE720-6BD5-4E78-A242-B18D2850BD10.jpeg
FE95A78A-A86B-4706-A3BF-81AA0D2F506C.jpeg
F244D434-E9D2-4787-AF15-A1990BBD3322.jpeg
A6418E38-2E17-4BFE-BCF1-F2B87EAD146C.jpeg

Exposed rain downspout, with aluminum tape. Corrugated ceiling.
14e3687e-ddc4-43e8-ab83-1dd829185968-jpeg.329775
Fair enough, but I am pretty positive that there will be cladding covering everything above, and the poles will also be covered and finalized, so I don't think it's a big deal that they went for cheap materials for something that won't be visible. Here is a rendering that shows what the finished product should look like, but who knows if the finalized product will come looking like this:
Screenshot (487).png
Screenshot (489).png

Fair enough, but I am pretty positive that there will be cladding covering everything above, and the poles will also be covered and finalized, so I don't think it's a big deal that they went for cheap materials for something that won't be visible. Here is a rendering that shows what the finished product should look like, but who knows if the finalized product will come looking like this: View attachment 329797View attachment 329798

Two perspectives:

Functional: The canopies are fairly narrow, coverage is not good in the event of heavy rain w/wind.

Aesthetic: Not great in absolute terms, nor does it fit the context of the local stop particularly well.

Two perspectives:

Functional: The canopies are fairly narrow, coverage is not good in the event of heavy rain w/wind.

Aesthetic: Not great in absolute terms, nor does it fit the context of the local stop particularly well.
That is why there will be shelters with seating that allows you to escape you from the weather - but I agree, the canopies are narrower in general than they should be. I also agree that instead of going for the same motif for several stations (Agincourt and Milliken will also look very similar to this) some extra effort should have been put in to make each individual station standout and somewhat distinct from the others. Some warmer tones that help blend in with the existing station buildings (Whether it is with brick, or colours like brown (wood or such like this to give warmth)) or perhaps just a bolder design. I don't think we should expect from Metrolinx and GO though, we all know that parking garages are the most important when it comes to design and making them stand out ;)

That is why there will be shelters with seating that allows you to escape you from the weather - but I agree, the canopies are narrower in general than they should be. I also agree that instead of going for the same motif for several stations (Agincourt and Milliken will also look very similar to this) some extra effort should have been put in to make each individual station standout and somewhat distinct from the others. Some warmer tones that help blend in with the existing station buildings (Whether it is with brick, or colours like brown (wood or such like this to give warmth)) or perhaps just a bolder design. I don't think we should expect from Metrolinx and GO though, we all know that parking garages are the most important when it comes to design and making them stand out ;)
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have a brick within a mile of a train station. Glass, aluminum, and concrete only.

Announcement today, and I'm guessing it's somehow Smartrack (Stouffville Line?) related rather than SSE due to missing TTC representation.

Premier Doug Ford will be joined by Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation, Kinga Surma, Minister of Infrastructure, Stan Cho, Associate Minister of Transportation, and John Tory, Mayor of Toronto, to make an announcement.​
Time: Remarks at 1:00 p.m.​

Last edited:
Announcement today, and I'm guessing it's somehow Smartrack (Stouffville Line?) related rather than SSE due to missing TTC representation.

Premier Doug Ford will be joined by Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation, Kinga Surma, Minister of Infrastructure, Stan Cho, Associate Minister of Transportation, and John Tory, Mayor of Toronto, to make an announcement.​

I'd assume that it's the new Stouffville GO Train schedule - which I think is the only line where they haven't released the June changes yet.

I would assume it's the first dig on the Scarborough Subway Extension.

Back