News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

^ I wonder if CN has a priority wish list for diamond removals. In Canada, I wonder if the CPKC-CN crossing west of Winnipeg is near the top of the list and Doncaster is down the list.

Another angle for the West Harbour track tie in track segments. @crs1026 is there another term for these?

Screenshot_2024-09-27_200048.jpg

FB_IMG_1727481823081.jpg

Once the double tracking is completed around Milliken station all that remains is double tracking Kennedy to the Lakeshore corridor.

In the future state of 15-minute service to Unionville how does commuting past UV work? Is it via bus? Does every second train progress to Old Elm? I realize this is several years away.
In their list of planned projects they have building a second platform at Mount Joy. It's 15 minutes from Unionville to Mount Joy so that would enable 30-minute bidirectional service as far as Mount Joy with a 30-minute layover, or as far as Stouffville with a 10-minute layover. Until that second platform is built, service north of Unionville will need to remain hourly off-peak and there can't be any counter-peak service north of Unionville.

In their list of planned projects they have building a second platform at Mount Joy. It's 15 minutes from Unionville to Mount Joy so that would enable 30-minute bidirectional service as far as Mount Joy with a 30-minute layover, or as far as Stouffville with a 10-minute layover. Until that second platform is built, service north of Unionville will need to remain hourly off-peak and there can't be any counter-peak service north of Unionville.
Is the importance of the second platform is that it allows one train to “get out of the way” while another train passes on a single track? In other words, for 30-minute two way service north of Mount Joy it doesn’t need to be double tracked?

Last edited:
Some of the transparent noise panels have been installed on the south side of the corridor’s east end, near Pape and Gerrard. These were installed early because the corridor is not widening any further to the south at that location. They are transparent but I don’t know the material and don’t have a photo.
Here's what we're looking at: (South side of rail corridor, at the top of Galt ave by the Home Depot)
IMG_2344.jpeg

^ I wonder if CN has a priority wish list for diamond removals. In Canada, I wonder if the CPKC-CN crossing west of Winnipeg is near the top of the list and Doncaster is down the list.
Doesn’t seem likely they will be in any hurry to build a diamond when there is a chance public money might one day build it for them.

This article suggests acrylic. Can be cleaned with water + solvents, but unsure if they remain clear/transparent.

I've seen them all tagged while riding the UP express, and unsure what the point of these are if they are going to remain graffitied.
I used the bridge to cross the tracks north of the Bloor UP Express/GO on Saturday, and indeed these clear walls are heavily tagged

1000023750.jpg

ML stated that these barriers would be easy to clean and would clean them went tag. When the barriers went up at Dupont and Dundas area, they were tag within days and ML has made no effect to clean those barriers since them. one can look along the corridor at all the barriers on both sides of them to see no effect has been made to clean it. The existing barrier wall between Queen and King built long before ML bought the corridor are still tag like they were when ML took over the corridor.

Where ML has put up barrier walls, they are tag even new bridges.

• Sad
Reactions: max
On Lakeshore East during consultation I also heard them say in response to queries that adding all these noise walls will lead to a canyon of graffiti, that they'd deal with the tagging.

And even though they haven't finished installing them yet, they are covered. We all know that Metrostinx won't do anything.

Basically, they'll say anything during consultation, with no concern whether it's true or not. I don't know why anyone would believe them about anything.

• Angry
Reactions: max
They were paid to extend the double-track from Elgin to Setter, and to build the additional service track at Bloomington for GO's service.
Yeah, I think the siding mentioned by my coworker was the Quaker Siding which was extended to become the double track between Setter and Elgin + the Quaker commuter track

Sept 3
Just got around working on some of my shots for that day of Long Branch Station.

Don't know where the 4th tracks stands for this station or will it be built, but the north side is where I see it going. It will mean cutting those nice tall trees down as well relocating the pathway there.

I see Metrolinx is using plate for the walkway. Odd seeing a booth on the platform for CAS/?.

I love the accessibility platform........wait.....it only markings on the platform..................where are the wooden ones???

More up on my site including the bridge over the creek
54036759811_65153ecb52_b.jpg

54037087894_e9ebe174bc_b.jpg

54037213995_5b8c1dbe9c_b.jpg

54037020708_68d119b300_b.jpg

54037020608_874e396047_b.jpg

54037090869_f289099165_b.jpg

54035918172_e088b484d9_b.jpg

Back