News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Thing is, GO has recently refurbished their eldest BiLevels, presumely for more use into the future.

Them reactivating the old cab cars also suggests GO seems to want to continue use of the BiLevels even with electrification.

Thing is, GO has recently refurbished their eldest BiLevels, presumely for more use into the future.

Them reactivating the old cab cars also suggests GO seems to want to continue use of the BiLevels even with electrification.
No different than a fair number of system in Europe have been doing for a few decades.

Cheaper to this to get full value out of the rolling stock now and then move to EMU's down the road. Some system prefer this setup than doing EMU's

ML thinking require duel power for trains that go outside the overhead areas, but EMU should be use on the main body that is electrify as they come on line.

The big issue for ML is what to do with the existing equipment??. Some are due to retire in the next 10-15 years for coaches, but others are very young.

There are very few system in NA that could use some of the existing fleet, with most seeing the scrap yard unless someone in the world may want them.
The age difference on GO’s fleet is absolutely astronomical, some coaches are approaching 50 years and others are approaching 2 years old. If the 15 year retiring timeline for the oldest coaches is correct, they would have been in service for 60 years. That means the newest coaches will be ready for retirement by 2081.

What coaches are due to be retired in 10-15 years? It can't be the Series I cars, those just wrapped up their refurbishments a few years ago.

What coaches are due to be retired in 10-15 years? It can't be the Series I cars, those just wrapped up their refurbishments a few years ago.
I thought the Series I cars got a 20 year lifespan extension during their rebuild.

VIA will be taking over London service. GO will no longer be operating that service.
Until the tracks are brought up to ML standards as well replacing bridges, VIA will be the only option to/from London.

Even using UPX rolling stock not worth the effector.

So right now this is where 3 of the refurbished old cab cars are. 206 nowhere to be seen and 208 likely still inside the Willowbrook shops.

Speaking of retirements, I do wonder what the eventual plan for the F59s will be, I doubt GO would keep them for much longer now that they won’t be required for the London and new locomotives are being procuered.

Personally, I'd like to see one of the old GP40s bought back from Amtrak, but given the F59's length of service, it'd still be worth it.
There’s an old GO locomotive rusting away in a Florida museum right now, it would be nice to bring over here but it would be extremely expensive.

There’s an old GO locomotive rusting away in a Florida museum right now, it would be nice to bring over here but it would be extremely expensive.
Apparently that unit will be repainted into non GO colours due to them wanting to represent railroads that ran in Florida.

Also as a nerdy side note it technically isn’t a locomotive, it’s one of the F unit cab cars that supplied hotel power to the trains for locomotives that did not have an HEP generator.

Apparently that unit will be repainted into non GO colours due to them wanting to represent railroads that ran in Florida.

Also as a nerdy side note it technically isn’t a locomotive, it’s one of the F unit cab cars that supplied hotel power to the trains for locomotives that did not have an HEP generator.
Which is kind of why I shied away from naming it, as lovely as they look.

Back