News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Crazy how despite it being nearly 55 years that the BiLevel was first conceptualized, and yet the overall design of the car has remain relatively changed over the years (atleast for the regular coach type).
The only coach that really received a massive update was Series X, where the shape of the coach changed significantly. You can really see when it’s side-by-side with the Series I coach.
26357832-3A48-4C78-A25C-E92C5EBD3639.jpeg
68AF2F7F-969F-46FA-8869-96DB2B299FFF.png

Cool diagrams but it’s hard to see the differences between the series. Any more diagrams you’ve made?

Very nice work!

At the risk of sounding pedantic, there are some errors in your numbering, however. Series II is 2100-2155 (not 2000-2169) (source), and you are missing coach 224 from your diagrams (this fell under the Series IV order).

Very nice work!

At the risk of sounding pedantic, there are some errors in your numbering, however. Series II is 2100-2155 (not 2000-2169) (source), and you are missing coach 224 from your diagrams (this fell under the Series IV order).
Thanks! I’ll correct the numbers. 224 is there though.
48D019DA-6155-42C1-B604-5D4531FF6A2E.jpeg

Cool diagrams but it’s hard to see the differences between the series. Any more diagrams you’ve made?
Look at the roof line at the end to see the change. Windows are larger. Even the bottom ends have change as well with the X series

Look at the roof line at the end to see the change. Windows are larger. Even the bottom ends have change as well with the X series
As they get refurbished, do they update the components such as AC units and electrical components? I'm sure that they have gotten a lot smaller in 50 years.

As they get refurbished, do they update the components such as AC units and electrical components? I'm sure that they have gotten a lot smaller in 50 years.
also don't forget about the washroom on the main level now of every coach. The earlier ones used to have one where the operators cab was on the cab cars

also don't forget about the washroom on the main level now of every coach. The earlier ones used to have one where the operators cab was on the cab cars
It’s not on the main level of every coach, no washroom has ever been relocated. The only one to have two washrooms on both levels was 2499; the Series V prototype coach. The one on the mezzanine has since been removed.
C631A252-15F5-472B-9A24-D5217DF28041.jpeg

It’s not on the main level of every coach, no washroom has ever been relocated. The only one to have two washrooms on both levels was 2499; the Series V prototype coach. The one on the mezzanine has since been removed. View attachment 428701
I didn't say that they relocated them i said that they added them to newer designs.

Is GO Cab Car 206 done refurbishment yet?
Have you seen anything posted for it at this time?? Until it is posted which it will be, only bumping a thread at this time and not adding anything new.

Back