News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Does anyone know if GO Cab Car 251 ever had a K5LA because it was built before the mandate.

Bro! Answer the question. Did it or not have a K5LA.

Lol if you don't know what a K5LA is google it!
People on here don't really keep track of that stuff . Most people her are interested in public transit and not really so much on a railfan side of things like you are. Also not even every rail fan cares what type of horn something had.

People on here don't really keep track of that stuff . Most people her are interested in public transit and not really so much on a railfan side of things like you are. Also not even every rail fan cares what type of horn something had.
Not to mention people tend to react more positively towards more respectful behavior

The only things effected in changing platforms elevations is the snow melting system, platform edge and the elevator.

As noted, the existing platforms can be change in phases that will require the existing shelters to be removed if attached to the platform or the floor to be raised, depending on the extra height require. You could have a slopping ramp to the shelter as well to the stairs and elevator.

I am sure it's been discussed before but for years stations have been built with this in the plan. The main landings approaching Downsview Park and Bloomington are already at the raised height, and the footings are also all raised. Elevator shafts are apparently purposefully built extra tall for this as well.

Noticed that the 5:08 Barrie NB train today was 6 cars rather than the usual 12.

The consist (655) that's operating this train was also the same one that struck a person at Clarkson yesterday, and that consist yesterday was 12 cars.

Wondering if those two things correlates?

I am sure it's been discussed before but for years stations have been built with this in the plan. The main landings approaching Downsview Park and Bloomington are already at the raised height, and the footings are also all raised. Elevator shafts are apparently purposefully built extra tall for this as well.
Talks about raising the height of platforms has been on going for years, but not every station is prepared for that height increase. Not all new stations or rebuilt ones have that extra height protection in them from what I have seen so far.

With the number of riders getting hit at platforms, maybe time to have screen door's for the platforms where the doors will be wider than norm to allow for trains failing to stop correctly

What year is it again?

I don't remember the last time an older classic cab car was paired with an F59PH on longer than a 6 car train, let alone 2 F59s.

But alas here it is, locos 561 and 558 paired with classic cab car 257 on the Niagara this past weekend.
IMG_1372[1].JPG

Talks about raising the height of platforms has been on going for years, but not every station is prepared for that height increase. Not all new stations or rebuilt ones have that extra height protection in them from what I have seen so far.

With the number of riders getting hit at platforms, maybe time to have screen door's for the platforms where the doors will be wider than norm to allow for trains failing to stop correctly
The new ones in the past 5 years certainly have, maybe even further back

You know, this is something I have been wondering now for many months

Classic Cab Car 251, which is one of the Series 8 cab cars that weren’t relegated to coach use, has not been in service since October of 2021. I heard it suffered some sort of mechanical failure after departing Union with a 6 car train being pushed by 562, but I have no idea if that’s true.

Since that time, all the other 6 Series 8 Cab Cars have been seeing regular use by the time more service increases came by last year, yet 251 has only been recently spotted at the Whitby Yard.

Just wondering if there was any info regarding what had happened to it.

Back