News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Supposedly one reason they haven’t led yet is because ONR didn’t reinstall all the components needed for them to lead as cab cars, and all of that would need to be done in house.

That’s just a rumour though so take it with a grain of salt.

It's been nearly a year since the deadline for tender submissions for the 13 diesel locomotive acquisition was closed, yet there has not been a contract awarded or any information regarding it.

Part of me thinks that if these locos do end up arriving, the 2024-2025 arrival time for the locomotives will be pushed back.

It's possible the current and tentative ONxpress service plan doesn't require additional diesel locomotives.

Cancelling an unneeded tender is easier than pushing one through quickly. It may have been uncertain whether they would be needed or not a few years ago.

It's possible the current and tentative ONxpress service plan doesn't require additional diesel locomotives.

Cancelling an unneeded tender is easier than pushing one through quickly. It may have been uncertain whether they would be needed or not a few years ago.

Thirteen locomotives is not a big order, and OnCorr may well have its own plan…. And its own capability to deliver whatever number is actually needed, quite possibly single sourced and from a preferred vendor.

- Paul

These diagrams I made might be interesting to some of you:
You_Doodle+_2023-08-27T18_10_25Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-08-06T14_39_45Z.jpeg

Just want to thank you for all your contributions in general. These graphics are nice and snappy, and while they sometimes cover niche transit items, it's a nice addition to the discourse.
Thank you! I’m glad people here are enjoying them, I do these in my spare time when I’m bored so sometimes I do extremely niche things. I used to only do maps on various GO projects, but I’m running out of those to do so I experimented with doing diagrams like the ones above.
IMG_1239.jpeg

Thank you! I’m glad people here are enjoying them, I do these in my spare time when I’m bored so sometimes I do extremely niche things. I used to only do maps on various GO projects, but I’m running out of those to do so I experimented with doing diagrams like the ones above. View attachment 506614
I know it's probably super difficult, but maybe one with all of GO's fare zones :p

Classic Cab Car 254 sandwiched in an out of service consist at Willowbrook.

As of now I only count 3 remaining classic cabs in service (253, 256, and 257). The other 4 seem to be off consists at Willowbrook (254 and I believe 255 which had severe mechanical issues) and Whitby (251 and 252).
IMG_5769.jpg

Back