News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

For sure. Another North American locomotive that looks like absolute shit. Caesar Vergara is like the Kirkor of industrial design. It's everywhere and very little of it is even remotely good.
Well that's a bit more subjective than 6 axle being not suited for GO. For me I personally do agree the locos do look a bit off, but at the end of the day functionality matters way more than the looks, and if Wabtec were to bid in MX's tender, this may be a glimpse as to what we might expect.

I don't disagree, but this isn't some sort of form-follows-function, Miesian masterpiece. Wabtec actively made it look like that. They spent money to design it that way. That's the part I just can't get my head around...

By the way, yesterday someone I know reported seeing some sort of equipment move travelling westbound along the Lakeshore East.

From what I could tell, the consist was 1 Series X Cab Car, 1 MP40 (604), 2 Series VIII Cab Cars (251 and 252), and an MP40 at the back. Wonder what's going on with that.

On CN A450 today.
IMG_6445.jpeg

One coach or more coaches were badly damaged this morning by a alleged fire started in the washroom (not my photos)View attachment 517666View attachment 517665
That happen to an eastbound train at Port Credit as few months ago. Could have been caused by someone smoking in the washroom illegal or the electrical system as the police were at PC along with GO Enforcement team.

Will coach 2330 be repaired?
They have more than enough spares. It'll probably be retired and parted out. Then again since ML is now refurbing 40 year old cab cars for essentially storage who knows what black magic they will conjur up

One regular coach doesn’t really matter on the grand scale of things, but unless GO wants to order more cab cars in the near future, they’ll need to refurbish every existing one they currently have right now.

What do you want them to do? Switch out active cab cars for the older ones just 'cause? Until service increases there’s no need to use the cab cars
I think the thought of paying big money to refurbish something and then not using it is dumb. The cars should definitely be cycled out into service sometimes, especially at the expense of unrefurbished cars.

Back