News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

^Admittedly, I don’t know some of the faces…. but isn’t that Zoom call a bit light on people from the Province? Metrolinx? CP?

- Paul

PS - 2018 Provincial election results shows Halton/Peel going blue….. ya don’t suppose there’s an agenda here…..

Last edited:
^Admittedly, I don’t know some of the faces…. but isn’t that Zoom call a bit light on people from the Province? Metrolinx? CP?

- Paul

The majority of those seen are with the Town of Milton, along with a Federal MP, the Federal Minister, and a Federal Advisor to the Federal Minister.

So of those 9 faces, zero are from CP, Mx, or the province.

I don't see the absence of CP as a problem, CP's relationship is to Mx, with some political intervention behind the scenes if required. This call was clearly a photo-op/political endeavour.

This was also about politicians from the 2 levels represented being seen to advocate/respond to same.

Yes, Mx and the Province are clearly necessary stakeholders; but this wasn't about that. This was for show and political gain.

I saw a train deadhead to Georgetown yard last night around 9:30 pm. Anyone know why?
Assume equipment move, prob a lot of 'em with all the train cancelations. Just going by the website the number of cancelations in the morning and evening don't always match up for each line so they'd have to send out a train after hours to be in position for the next days rush.

Look at the Jan 10th schedule..........

1641810179810.png

And the current schedule:

1641810393931.png

What timing adjustments have we seen?

@reaperexpress

Look at the Jan 10th schedule..........

And the current schedule:

What timing adjustments have we seen?

@reaperexpress

At a quick glance:
- There are no longer any express services or counter-peak local services
- They haven't accounted for the upgraded tracks between Stratford and Guelph, which should have cut the travel time by about 6 minutes.
- Due to the above two items, the travel time from London to Toronto has increased from 3h53 to 4h01 eastbound and from 3h58 to 4h04 westbound.

The fact that they kept the London service (which almost nobody used) while eliminating the counter-peak services (which were moderately well used) is an illustration of how GO's operations are influenced by politics rather than being simply based on transport planning objectives.

Last edited:
At a quick glance:
- All express services and counter-peak local services are gone
- It looks like they haven't accounted for the upgraded tracks between Stratford and Guelph, which should have cut the travel time by about 6 minutes.
- Due to the above two items, the travel time from London to Toronto has increased from 3h53 to 4h01

The fact that they kept the London service (which almost nobody used) while eliminating the counter-peak services (which were moderately well used) is an illustration of how GO's operations are influenced by politics rather than being simply based on transport planning objectives.

You would think it would be canceled given the lack of staff at the moment.

Surprise, Surprise.

At a quick glance:
- There are no longer any express services or counter-peak local services
- They haven't accounted for the upgraded tracks between Stratford and Guelph, which should have cut the travel time by about 6 minutes.
- Due to the above two items, the travel time from London to Toronto has increased from 3h53 to 4h01 eastbound and from 3h58 to 4h04 westbound.

No kidding. Keeping the London service is completely ridiculous and I bet most the vast of Londoners would agree. If the service where to end tomorrow and no one told the media, absolutely no one in London would even notice.

No kidding. Keeping the London service is completely ridiculous and I bet most the vast of Londoners would agree. If the service where to end tomorrow and no one told the media, absolutely no one in London would even notice.
Fun fact: one of my friends that has lived in Brampton for 20+ years didn't know that there was a train to downtown Toronto. So they always drove downtown or to the subway at finch.

Back