News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I was at the station on Saturday and it looked like they had just gotten going on it, so yeah - I could believe that it was even less than 48 hours!

I did not get to KW until 9am Sunday and did no see the platform until then. It looked like it was put together very fast when you looked at the lip of the ramp.

Then 24/30 would be a good time frame, depending when they actual started. No idea what time you shot that photo.

No idea how the KW trains service Georgetown on Monday.

As for the other stations, they are in phase II. When Phase II starts, no idea, but will try to find out.

Had a looked at Acton and the stakes are in the ground. I found it interesting that the platform will have a curve for it to match the exist tracks and something GO does not want to do. Very short distance between the 2 crossings, but more than enough room for a L12L.

The video I shot said the first train departed at 5:53:10. I have found GO time to be 30 seconds fast or slow and their clocks not set to a atomic clock, while my watch is.

Had a looked at Acton and the stakes are in the ground. I found it interesting that the platform will have a curve for it to match the exist tracks and something GO does not want to do. Very short distance between the 2 crossings, but more than enough room for a L12L.

Willingness to accept a curve!!! Yeah...hope for that Liberty Village/Exhibition North/Queen-King West station on this line yet!

Ah......continued rough start on the K-Line today. As much as I love the concept of an 8:21 train in the morning, I am holding off building my schedule around it until, well, it actually becomes an 8:21 train!

GO E-news Alert today said:
The Kitchener 05:52 - Union 07:53 train trip is holding east of Georgetown due to a track equipment issue. The current delay is 18 minutes. An update will be provided when your train is on the move.

The Kitchener 05:52 - Union 07:53 train trip is delayed 20 minutes from Bramalea due to a track equipment issue. This train will operate express from Bramale to Union. As a result, the Georgetown 07:06 - Union 08:01 train trip will make additional stops at Malton and Etobicoke North. We apologize for the inconvenience.

GO E-news Alert today said:
The Kitchener 07:10 - Union 09:08 train trip is delayed 16 minutes east of Guelph due to an operational issue.

Some thought that extending GO to Kitchener was a real game changer....all it seems to be changing is their "on time" stats!

Willingness to accept a curve!!! Yeah...hope for that Liberty Village/Exhibition North/Queen-King West station on this line yet!

I wonder if this willingness on this station is why Markham is apparently going to get a 10-car-long platform after what, like 30 years (because of the curve only five cars can load)?

I wonder if this willingness on this station is why Markham is apparently going to get a 10-car-long platform after what, like 30 years (because of the curve only five cars can load)?

It's more likely that the found a way to deal with the railway crossings on either side of the station.

My GO Train, from at least Kitchener to Mount Pleasant (where I got off) was on time, even left on time, and got to Georgetown early.

My GO Train, from at least Kitchener to Mount Pleasant (where I got off) was on time, even left on time, and got to Georgetown early.

That was my experience yesterday coming home from Toronto - hopped on at Union and we left right on time (4:45) and made Kitchener about 5 minutes earlier than scheduled... and that was even with an exceedingly long stop in Guelph - seemed like about 5-8 minutes or so.

i am a good luck charm....today was my first day intercepting the new train at 8:21 at Brampton....it pulled into the station about 2 minutes early and waited until the scheduled time to depart.

The run was everything I hoped it would be.....a train that leaves Brampton at a civilized time....arriving at Union right at 9:08 (maybe a half minute early) and had room for everyone to have a seat (actually...come on board everyone there is lots of room!). A truly civilized commute!!! Even though the train was on schedule, they apologized at the end of the run for delays and growing pains (their words)....almost like the first two days had them expecting issues so they got an apology (which was not needed today) ready just in case!

Here is some videos from Kitchener for Dec 18 & 19 moves

GO had a lot of problems with the crossings for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ycYCAPmY_0 Arriving from the layover.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWO4ILBAvn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G319DcRIdcM Departing Guelph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSISdkfIvD0 2nd run arriving at Guelph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8jpeU_WaO4 2nd Monday run from layover.

There are a number of VIA videos for Kitchener up on my site also for those days.

Any signs that the new pedestrian tunnel located just southeast of the station building (where the portable toilet and that pile of dirt is) is being built in Guelph?

122010_TransitTerminalPlan_fullscreen.jpg

Any signs that the new pedestrian tunnel located just southeast of the station building (where the portable toilet and that pile of dirt is) is being built in Guelph?
From what I saw, no tunnel being built.

I still have to edit the photos I shot while waiting for the 2nd train and Dec 18 are next after I finish Dec 17.

Not sure what that dark blue thing in front of the station is and must be a tunnel. If so, no work on it yet.

The bus platform and road is built.

Are there any plans to build a second platform on the south side in Guelph? And do they plan on renovating the historic station building to serve as the main waiting/ticketing area for VIA/GO/Guelph transit?

Sorry, I know that these questions have probably been answered somewhere here before. I also know that there is a detailed Metrolinx EA with drawings showing all of the track and platform upgrades on the Guelph subdivision, but I don't know where to find it (I think CDL posted it on this forum 2 years ago).

Are there any plans to build a second platform on the south side in Guelph? And do they plan on renovating the historic station building to serve as the main waiting/ticketing area for VIA/GO/Guelph transit?

The city of Guelph bought the VIA station and are planning on having renovations inside completed next year. When it's done it will serve Go, VIA, Guelph Transit and Greyhound.

Back