News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Platform numbers are pretty much consistent for GO. They even display a flashing yellow number when the a train will not arrive at it's usual platform.

I would have thought GO wouldn't want to display the platform information since they always remind passengers to not procede to platform level until their platform is displayed. Granted many passengers do this anyways, but would think GO wouldn't want to add to it.

To be completely honest - I'm pretty sure only "enthusiasts" (ugh - that is SUCH the wrong term to use) like us would notice and remember it... And we ALWAYS know which platform it will be on anyways :)

But that's still a really correct point. I'm surprised too.

I think most people are capable of figuring out that they go to platform 12, for example, every day.

Sorry - I didn't make myself clear - I meant that only we would really notice and pay attention to the arriving / departing platform on the ONLINE GO schedule since the previous poster brought up the point that they were surprised it was on there.

Sorry - I didn't make myself clear - I meant that only we would really notice and pay attention to the arriving / departing platform on the ONLINE GO schedule since the previous poster brought up the point that they were surprised it was on there.
Yes, true. It would just be us geeks.

In any event, it seems to be gone as of now, so it must have been an accidental release of internal information.

Yes, true. It would just be us geeks.

In any event, it seems to be gone as of now, so it must have been an accidental release of internal information.

Well that sucks! I knew I should've saved the page. It's always cool to see the origins / destinations. I can always tell when my train is late when its origin is delayed on the west side...

Good news about the Niagara Falls service. I have family there, and I drove there for my niece's birthday last Labour Day weekend. What a nightmare - stop and go traffic from Oshawa all the way to St. Catharines. VIA Rail isn't any better, with a 3 hour transfer at Union. Looking forward to trying GO.

GO adds more trains to Milton line
By: Julia Le
jle@mississauga.net

June 17, 2009 03:06 PM - GO Transit passengers in Mississauga will soon find it faster to get to work in Toronto.
Starting June 29, GO is adding a seventh train trip along the Milton line. Those who currently catch the GO bus from Meadowvale, Streetsville, Square One and Cooksville, arriving in Toronto between 9:20 and 9:40 a.m., can now board a train that will get them to Union Station by 9:04 a.m.
The new train leaves Milton at 8:08 a.m. each weekday. Also part of the new service, an additional train trip will leave Toronto at 5:40 p.m., arriving in Milton week nights at 6:38 p.m.
GO Transit officials say the new trains give passengers more options for their morning and evening commutes.
The morning Toronto-bound bus service from Milton, passing through Meadowvale, Streetsville, Square One and Cooksville, has been cancelled.

Source

GO adds more trains to Milton line

I heard rumblings on this but I didn't know it was coming so quickly!

I guess this means we should dance in the streets?!

The 94 bus (Yorkdale - York Mills - STC - Pickering - Oshawa) now has the same service on Saurdays and Sundays starting the 26th!

We used to have every other bus (once an hour) on Sundays ending at STC, but now they go all the way to Yorkdale (every 30 minutes).

The morning Toronto-bound bus service from Milton, passing through Meadowvale, Streetsville, Square One and Cooksville, has been cancelled.
Source

Also, though not mentioned in the announcement, there are adjustments to the schedule for the current train trips to accommodate this additional trip while maintaining a minimum 15 minute gap between departures.

Hmm, interesting, comparing the new schedule and the old schedule ... in the AM they removed 10 buses with this new service (all arrivals at Union between 9:20 and 9:45 AM.

But none in the evening (as it doesn't extend evening service, just fills in the middle).

The new schedule is a bit odd - pages are in the wrong sequence.

A modest start

Finally, a new train on this route. Good. I didn't actually think we would see that till they finish the 3rd track work. (which they haven't started yet)

However, they are taking their sweet time with other long promised improvements.

I want to know......:confused:

1) Haven't they finished all the new track in Brampton yet? When do they extend off-peak service to downtown Brampton?

2) Are we on-track (pun intended) for the full-day service on the Stouffville and Barrie lines by year end?

3) How close are we to seeing the forever promised 30-min off-peak service in the Lakeshore corridor?

While I'm at it..............does anyone know if they've started work on the Barrie-Allendale extension?

1) Not until the new platform is done at Brampton Station, which should be in the spring.

2) I had always heard "by 2010". This probably means by the end of 2010.

3) By the end of 2010, nothing to suggest it's been pushed back.

Thanks Rocket

Thanks for the update Rocket....

The GO website says the new platform @ Brampton will be complete in November 2009, I take it you don't think they'll be on time! :p

The last time I saw a timeline for Stouffville/Barrie full service was in the documentation for a Metrolinx board meeting sometime in fall 2008, I think.....

It stated December 2009 was the target.... but since the new Metrolinx seems to have GO's old philosophy of not posting Board Agendas, and I haven't heard/seen any info on how track construction was coming, I wasn't too sure about them meeting that target.

As for Lakeshore, the only timing I remember was when the 3rd tracks are complete.....however, that was supposed to be before now, as I recall, and the Port Credit section will be a while yet in coming.

Thanks for the update Rocket....

The GO website says the new platform @ Brampton will be complete in November 2009, I take it you don't think they'll be on time! :p

Brampton is my home station, so no, I really don't think so :p. They might finish it by November, but I doubt the new service will come online until the new year. I would love to be proven wrong though...

So, sometime in 2011 then?

Ah, you're catching on ;)

Back