News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Nice to see the Niagara Falls schedule up!

I wonder how many early risers will be able to get down to Union for the 6:30am departure. That'll be a challenge on Sundays with no subway service. (I wonder if they thought of that?)

The ticket price seems a shock at first, but it's easy to forget how far you're travelling. I wonder what kind of traffic from St. Kitts and The Falls to Toronto they'll get? It's good they have a late night Express bus back, but I'm sure they're going to run into trouble with people on the bus for over 95 minutes without a bathroom break!

I'm sure people travelling to Oakville and Burlington will take good advantadge of these trains too. The 20:05 out of Union arrives in Burlington 1 minute before the 19:43 is scheduled to.

The prices are very reasonable, I will be doing this in summer. But probably not the 6:30 am train.

The prices are very reasonable, I will be doing this in summer. But probably not the 6:30 am train.

Not that this is something worth thinking about - but just throwing this out there since I'm such a terrible person: no self respecting ticket inspector is going to spend 5 hours on a weekend checking one train's worth.

I'm wondering if GO considered that part... It's stretching the honour system a bit!

Not that this is something worth thinking about - but just throwing this out there since I'm such a terrible person: no self respecting ticket inspector is going to spend 5 hours on a weekend checking one train's worth.

I'm wondering if GO considered that part... It's stretching the honour system a bit!

Well, isn't that what he's getting paid to do? I don't see how he can not do it.

Let me offer the flip side then: will GO pay an employee to check the tickets of the 200 passengers on that train or the 500 passengers on a weekend LE train?

He doesn't have to stay on the train for the whole ride. I imagine he would probably inspect between Oakville and Burlington and catch the other trains back and forth.

Let me offer the flip side then: will GO pay an employee to check the tickets of the 200 passengers on that train or the 500 passengers on a weekend LE train?

I would think that they would want to pay the most attention to their flagship project, personally. It's consistent with their past dealings.

Not that I don't believe you (I do!) - what do you mean by their "past dealings".

Edit: kettal - can't believe I missed that - good point!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite clear that the Lakeshore and Milton lines, being their flagship services (and rightfully so) are the first to get new equipment (longer trains and new locomotives). Also, when GO sent an a train to Montreal to help with the highway collapse in Laval it was filled with all of the newest coaches.

It's just an observation I have made - nothing scientific at all.

It's quite clear that the Lakeshore and Milton lines, being their flagship services (and rightfully so) are the first to get new equipment (longer trains and new locomotives). Also, when GO sent an a train to Montreal to help with the highway collapse in Laval it was filled with all of the newest coaches.

It's just an observation I have made - nothing scientific at all.

To be fair, Milton needed those longer trains and therefore the new locos because the corridor is limited to 6 trains daily, so to decrease crowding, the only other option was to lengthen the train.

I'm wondering if this was brought up before and I just noticed it now...

but GO Transit has started listing arrival platforms and # of cars information on their online schedules.

I think that's pretty snazzy and fairly helpful when trying to figure out which train might be less crowded.

I'm wondering if this was brought up before and I just noticed it now...

but GO Transit has started listing arrival platforms and # of cars information on their online schedules.

I think that's pretty snazzy and fairly helpful when trying to figure out which train might be less crowded.

I noticed that too. But I always thought the platform they arrived at was pretty random.

I noticed that too. But I always thought the platform they arrived at was pretty random.

Platform numbers are pretty much consistent for GO. They even display a flashing yellow number when the a train will not arrive at it's usual platform.

I would have thought GO wouldn't want to display the platform information since they always remind passengers to not procede to platform level until their platform is displayed. Granted many passengers do this anyways, but would think GO wouldn't want to add to it.

Last edited:

Back