News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^ It might be because you turned the "terrain" feature off. You will need to turn it on to see the models at the proper elevation above sea level.

If you're using Google Earth 4, just check the "Terrain" box in the Layers window.

The last piece of the ACC-area puzzle...

Maple Leaf Square

mls.jpg

mls2.jpg

Here's how the block looks now... Union Station, ACC, Telus and Maple Leaf Square. I hope the scale of the buildings are right!

That last image is great, wylie. It really shows the impact those buildings will have on the area.

Those look great, wylie. Turning on layers fixed it. How about RBC Dexia and Four Seasons?

Wylie, these truly are amazing. When you see the whole Air Canada Centre area with existing proposed buildings cheek by jowl, it's quite exciting. Thanks for doing this work.

Also made a height adjustment on the Shangri-La model. The original model was 75m too short so I made it taller.

The BA model is also shorter in scale, but I've had too much problems with that model, so I've decided not to make any adjustments to it. The BA model is about 30m shorter than what it will be in reality.

These continue to impress wylie!

Your RBC/Ritz Carlton model drives home the fact that these two should have a better dialogue than the plans indicate they will: it is just so strange that the two podium heights are not acknowledged by the other. Adjacent buildings that go up years apart and which are built by different developers in this city often tip their hats to each other. Is it too much to ask here that two parts of the same complex being built simultaneously might actually address each other?

Bizarre.

Wylie, this is a very helpful tool that shows how adjacent buildings will look with new additions. I always have a hard time picturing these things, so a personal thanks is in order!

Four Seasons

I'm not very familiar with this project, so this tower might look a bit different from the actual design.

fs-1.jpg

(Updated Sep 30)

Back