8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I love that line.

"I will find you and I WILL KILL YOU"

"Goood Luck":

^ I know! My personal favourite is when they tie him to that white pipe on the ceiling, when they're on the boat, and he pulls on the pipe, it one end of it breaks free, and hits the guy that was in front of him on the head!! That was so epic.

I don't mind watching some anime dubbed. The dubbing for Princess Mononoke was okay, for example. Usually, I prefer the subbed version though.

I recently watched On the Waterfront, one of Marlon Brando's earliest and best roles. It's especially good when you consider its place in the history of film and film acting. For example, contrast Brando's acting technique with, say, Charlton Heston in the same era.

I remember when Brando's The Wild One was released in the U.K. in 1968. My parents took me to see it, and it seemed quite laughable that it could have been banned for 14 years.

Put me down as another who really dislikes dubbing. For foreign language films I'm a fan of anything by Kurosawa but Rashomon is probably the best. Aguirre, Wrath of God is epic in a number of ways. For Hollywood Gilliam's Brazil is great too though some will surely disagree with its pacing and Gilliam's grandiose sets.

While by no means a great film one of my guilty pleasures is Idiocracy by Mike Judge. Methinks it's a little too prophetic at times.

TCM and AMC are the best things for regular TV in ages. One of them did John Carpenter's The Thing recently in all its uncut glory. And Dr Strangelove a few months ago.

I watched Angels and Demons at the movies recently, and it's a horrible insult to the book. They took out all sorts of important stuff.
On a more positive note, I watched "I, Robot" woth Will Smith last night.
it was really good, and one fo the few futuristic thrillers that actually have a good storyline. And, of course, the way they designed the future was so much more realiztic than most other movies.

TCM and AMC are the best things for regular TV in ages. One of them did John Carpenter's The Thing recently in all its uncut glory. And Dr Strangelove a few months ago.

in general, i absolutely hate when a network modifies a movie (cleans it up for TV). they'll show a guy getting blown to bits but and all kinds of physical violence but god forbid they swear! those mother trucking mass moles! they can all muck my rink! bunch of rum trucks! ;)

Agreed. If you can't show it the way the director intended then don't show it at all. The Internet has made access to foul language a moot point anyway.

Back