News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

At least they aren't lying to themselves anymore; the President of the Green Party has abruptly quit, right in the middle of their leadership race.
"Now I see that, for me, the dream is dead," she states. "I am exhausted and my optimism has died ... To me, this signals an end to the (Green Party of Canada.)"
I would not be surprised if the motivation is that everyone has to rally around the Liberals/NDP to block the Conservatives, and they should shut down the party to accomplish this, though there's certainly a handful of Green's who would wind up in the Coservative Party.

Not really. Annamie Paul was Bats**t f***** crazy with a capital B.

The party would have done better *IF* Annamie Paul was never leader. She was a SJW at the best of times, extremist at the worst leading to some pretty severe drama within the party. Under Annamie Paul, the party became embroiled in scandal, drama and blew itself up six ways from Sunday.

At least under Elizabeth May the party was stable, gained MPs and had a fighting chance at normalcy.
Malignant narcissist, more like.

Its remarkable when you think about it. Clusterfucks of this nature usually have all sorts of factors contributing to them, even when - as is so often the case with politics - genuinely malignant personalities are involved. Bad timing, unintended consequences, even just plain old bad luck; they can all play roles in this kind of implosion. Not this time. This time, it really is down to the actions of one person. One utterly selfish, ruthlessly self-absorbed narcissist, whose first last and only priority was self-promotion. It's actually impressive in its way. An entire political party basically destroyed thanks to the behavior of a single toxic, self-regarding twit. (And the naive children who were dumb enough to place her in that position of power to begin with, one supposes.)

Egos this grotesquely out of control are generally difficult to hide. Didn't the Greens have any prior warning at all as to what sort a snake they were promoting to lead them? If so, I guess the blame can be spread a bit more at that.

Edit: Just to make it clear, I'm talking about Paul, not May.

Back