News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The meltdown continues.

The authors of a leaked internal Green Party report that accused party members of racism and transphobia are being sued for defamation.

Beverley Eert, a former member of the party's federal council, is taking current and former members of the party's ombuds and appeal committee to court. Eert served on the governing body for four years, first under leader Elizabeth May and then under her successor, Annamie Paul.

In a statement of claim, Eert alleges that the report made numerous allegations "falsely and maliciously" and that the authors shared it with two dozen people in the expectation that "certain recipients" would "re-publish" it widely.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/green-party-annamie-paul-racism-transphobia-1.6264802

The meltdown continues.

The authors of a leaked internal Green Party report that accused party members of racism and transphobia are being sued for defamation.

Beverley Eert, a former member of the party's federal council, is taking current and former members of the party's ombuds and appeal committee to court. Eert served on the governing body for four years, first under leader Elizabeth May and then under her successor, Annamie Paul.

In a statement of claim, Eert alleges that the report made numerous allegations "falsely and maliciously" and that the authors shared it with two dozen people in the expectation that "certain recipients" would "re-publish" it widely.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/green-party-annamie-paul-racism-transphobia-1.6264802
It is sad to see what could have been a viable (and useful) 'pressure group party' tearing itself to pieces. It will be a while before we have a viable Green party in Canada.

As it looks for ways to cut its costs and avoid insolvency, the Green Party of Canada is considering ditching its Ottawa party office.

A report from the party's financial arm, presented to party members at last weekend's virtual general meeting, says the cash-strapped party is considering all of its options, including shutting down the office.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/green-party-headquarters-insolvency-1.6271510

The federal party is simply imploding.

Though I can understand the move as this guy is from some kind of aspirational neo-agrarian anti-everything wing which is unhinged, like most other wings of the party have become. The guy even needed 30 minutes to ramble on through his statement, which he delivered on the street in the rain for no apparent reason. They live in such tiny sheltered bubbles it's beyond farce.

This party is done in all forms, I think. Even provincially the collateral damage will be hard to overcome. It's all over.

Last edited:
The federal party is simply imploding.

Though I can understand the move as this guy is from some kind of aspirational neo-agrarian anti-everything wing which is unhinged, like most other wings of the party have become. The guy even needed 30 minutes to ramble on through his statement, which he delivered on the street in the rain for no apparent reason. They live in such tiny sheltered bubbles it's beyond farce.

This party is done in all forms, I think. Even provincially the collateral damage will be hard to overcome. It's all over.

Shreiner really is good.

And I liked the fellow before him as leader of the GPO as well.

The provincial Greens seem to attract a fair few sensible candidates and staff.

The Federal Greens seem to have gone haywire.

I don't actually understand how it has all imploded quite this badly.

All parties attract their share of gadflies and nutters, but by and large, they are marginalized (though the Federal Conservatives seems to be open letting them into the mainstream too).

Shreiner should cross the floor to the NDP or Liberals and then run for leader. I'm only half-joking here.

Oddly enough he would probably be the most qualified and most electable person.

The NDP is interesting in that they have plenty of people who want to make names for themselves but once they get the top spot they have no clue what they are doing.

That is just SO sad! May needs to realise that she has to move on and give her successor a chance.

Yes but here's the thing... she's all they've got.

She is the ONLY person who can bring some sense of normalcy to the party. Sure she stepped down but all you got after was Commander Cuckoo-Bananas.

If the Green Party wants to survive at the Federal level Elizabeth May needs to return even if it is temporary. Once she rights the ship and they have viable and sane candidates she can atep down once again.

Yes but here's the thing... she's all they've got.

She is the ONLY person who can bring some sense of normalcy to the party. Sure she stepped down but all you got after was Commander Cuckoo-Bananas.

If the Green Party wants to survive at the Federal level Elizabeth May needs to return even if it is temporary. Once she rights the ship and they have viable and sane candidates she can atep down once again.
The fact that the ship is sinking has a lot to do with her last term as its leader!

The fact that the ship is sinking has a lot to do with her last term as its leader!

Not really. Annamie Paul was Bats**t f***** crazy with a capital B.

The party would have done better *IF* Annamie Paul was never leader. She was a SJW at the best of times, extremist at the worst leading to some pretty severe drama within the party. Under Annamie Paul, the party became embroiled in scandal, drama and blew itself up six ways from Sunday.

At least under Elizabeth May the party was stable, gained MPs and had a fighting chance at normalcy.

I don't think she made Paul self implode and take the party with her.
No, Paul was always a crazy choice but may ran a one-woman show and failed to set up a proper structure so that the party could operate without her and with better controls. She then, apparently, interfered all the time, though one can see why!

Back