News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

If Hamilton could start attracting major commercial operators in a big way, yes. It's already made small inroads in increasing it's proportionate commercial tax-base, but has a lot further to go. That's it's real solution to fixing it's high income taxes. It needs a larger commercial tax-base.
It does seem like this will manifest rapidly in the coming years. In terms of sprawl, little of it is actually residential.

Hamilton bus drivers have vowed to go on strike Thursday after overwhelmingly rejecting the city’s final contract offer.

But municipal managers and union leaders representing around 880 HSR workers have agreed to meet for last-ditch talks Tuesday aimed at preventing what would be Hamilton’s first transit strike in 25 years.

HSR ATU workers are officially on strike, the first time in 25 years, With a failed collective bargaining agreement the mayor of Hamilton and city councils have no where to go and no choice

The strike will be on for awhile with the picketing sites will be taken place in Bus terminals and HSR headquarters access citywide

City of Hamilton and ATU 107 has reached tentative agreement to end the week-long strike
IMG_2672.jpeg

Update to regarding on this General Service Discussion thread

Exciting news: The City of Hamilton is close to launching an online planning applications portal (it’s like Toronto or Burlington), theres a lot of applications

Since I made a first new project thread for Hamilton last year through the development/architecture websites and I made over 100+ new threads on buildings page on UT

This launch is expected by end of March 2024 and it will be public-friendly

General Service Thread will be still open such as
-Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) | Service changes (including new bus routes, service improvements and more)
-City Council meetings | Public Works, General issues committee, and other stuff in council
-Housing Issues (such as Building without permits, structural issues and other housing issues)
-Other city discussion issues

The Hamilton LRT and Go Transit discussions (including construction has been already moved into separate threads)
Hamilton LRT thread
Go Transit Construction Projects
Go Transit Service Thread

IMG_1651.jpeg

The City of Hamilton is experiencing an IT problems since Sunday morning and continues into today

The problems experiencing
-Email
-Phone Lines
-GIS systems (including HFD_incidents and HPS_traffic on X
-HSR services, apps, and stop announcements are down
-Hamilton Public Library website are down
-Other city websites

No updates yet from the City

Attachments

• IMG_2945.jpeg
    IMG_2945.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 2
Wow this is big time impact, this is sad to see.

I especially feel sorry for those who have to rely on the HSR, first they had to deal with the strike and now they have to deal with service operating like the wild wild west. Service was already bad with their schedule planning, but I can only imagine how screwed up it will be now.

Back