News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

which part of "although unlikely" before "I hope" do you have trouble understanding??
does anyone else besides me think Redpath is unbelievably ugly? It is a sugar refinery, let's not pretend it is some sort of Versaille carrying so much historical value. It is hardly different from a power plant, or the LaFarge cement factory further away on the lake, no matter how important you imagine it to be.

I don't have trouble understanding you. RC8 said all that needs to be said about your posts. As with many of your fantasies, I just pointed out that the working sugar refinery on the waterfront is not going anywhere, so get over it.

I don't have trouble understanding you. RC8 said all that needs to be said about your posts. As with many of your fantasies, I just pointed out that the working sugar refinery on the waterfront is not going anywhere, so get over it.

I almost never go south of Front St. It really doesn't bother me at all. I was only thinking for those who love the waterfront.

with all due respect, all the beach-bathing thing is a western culture. Asians don't value beaches as much as Westerners do, not by a long shot. Even in the summer, women hold umbrellas to get away from the sun, for fear of getting tanned. Do you really think if there is a beautiful beach by Shanghai, people will rush there lying half naked getting tanned? Your typical western mindset is laughable. Asians do NOT care about beaches and getting tanned, learn to accept and respect that. They would rather go to a karaokay bar than the beach on a summer afternoon.

It is true many Shanghainese can't swim. so what? Do you know how crowded Shanghai is and what the public swimming pools look like in the summer? Most likely you have ten people in each lane and more than 60 in the pool. You get touched and kicked all the time. There is no way you can really "swim", not to say to learn to swim. You really need to get some reality check before starting to criticize other countries.

Do you think everyone cares about having a 300m skyscraper? Do you think everyone wants to be on a street where there's so many people elbowing you that if you got pickpocketed you wouldn't realize until an hour later?
You should really stop imposing your views on others and thinking they are ridiculous because they think a 100 year old victorian is better than another WTC. And you are always the one that brings in China into the equation.

YOU really need to get a reality check before YOU criticize others.

I almost never go south of Front St. It really doesn't bother me at all. I was only thinking for those who love the waterfront.

Really now........

which part of "although unlikely" before "I hope" do you have trouble understanding??
does anyone else besides me think Redpath is unbelievably ugly? It is a sugar refinery, let's not pretend it is some sort of Versaille carrying so much historical value. It is hardly different from a power plant, or the LaFarge cement factory further away on the lake, no matter how important you imagine it to be.

Thanks for being so....entertaining in your inconsistent views & postings.....

I'm starting to think that kkgg7 is actually posting from Shanghai or another non-Toronto location.

Either that, or he's in Toronto on some kind of official governmental dispatch. (You know, the kind that 40 years ago would have been boosting the Cultural Revolution to the heavens, if I may go into a little retro-Cold War brain fart here.)

Let's not pretend the Redpath has any cutural/historical meanings to it. It is a sugar refinery. Get over it.

Likewise, let's not pretend Buffalo's grain elevators have any cultural/historical meanings to them. They're grain elevators. Get over it.

gr_el1.jpg

For all your professed desire for architectural sophistication and all of that, let me remind you: architectural historians would have your hide over that.

And likewise if you suggested Moscow would be better off getting rid of eyesores like this

462807057_4e43650780.jpg

Either that, or he's in Toronto on some kind of official governmental dispatch. (You know, the kind that 40 years ago would have been boosting the Cultural Revolution to the heavens, if I may go into a little retro-Cold War brain fart here.)

what exactly is the point of talking about my personal background (including my sex life, which you showed tremendous interest in in an earlier post) rather than focusing on the topic here? I am open to all disagreement about my views, but all this talk about myself is boringly pathetic. maybe you two should exchange phone numbers to talk about me privately?

what exactly is the point of talking about my personal background (including my sex life, which you showed tremendous interest in in an earlier post) rather than focusing on the topic here? I am open to all disagreement about my views, but all this talk about myself is boringly pathetic. maybe you two should exchange phone numbers to talk about me privately?

It'd be more useful if you addressed the previous "you may think you're cosmopolitan and sophisticated, but you're not" post.

As long as you like them. I'm sure that is what really matters.

what are you, 12? I have been on forums long enough to not be bothered by cheap shot sarcasm at all.
Let's focus on the topic rather than engaging in insulting others simply because they have different views about things.

what are you, 12? I have been on forums long enough to not be bothered by cheap shot sarcasm at all.
Let's focus on the topic rather than engaging in insulting others simply because they have different views about things.

Perhaps you should do the same, non? Otherwise carry on.....................

The first installation to pop-up is titled Impulse, and it’s an interactive work comprised of 15 seesaws that form units of light and sound that can be activated by the public to create an ever-changing composition.

The installation was first presented as part of the sixth edition of Luminothérapie in 2015-2016 at the Place des Festivals in the Quartier des Spectacles in Montreal.

Impulse will be on display at the Harbourfront Centre from October 25 through November 12, from 9 am to 10 pm daily.

Toronto's Harbourfront skating rink to close permanently

The rink’s fate was reportedly announced in a Tuesday presentation to the York Quay Neighbourhood Association, with a lack of funds cited as the reason for closing it.

This is just sad, we live in a city that’s been a boom for a decade now? And yet our public services, amenities, infrastructure, etc. are all in a state of decay. What a joke.

Edit:

@Northern Light Do ya have a read on the situation? Feel like it fits in with your whole parks and public spaces expertise

Last edited:
Toronto's Harbourfront skating rink to close permanently

This is just sad, we live in a city that’s been a boom for a decade now? And yet our public services, amenities, infrastructure, etc. are all in a state of decay. What a joke.

Edit:

@Northern Light Do ya have a read on the situation? Feel like it fits in with your whole parks and public spaces expertise
Considering how much this was a tourist draw I'm disgusted in how cheap and stingy the City has become. If anything the City clearly doesn't understand where they should be parking their money. I will go the point of stating that they should close or divert the money away from the rinks in tony areas such as North Toronto and Lawrence Park and use it towards the Harbourfront rink.

Back