News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Thats cause if he cant get the old building going he sure wont get the tower off the ground.I still say bring that tower to Toronto and give the design to a reputable developer like Tridel.Hey it may look good at 1 Bloor East.

1 Bloor E. already has a tower going up ;)
Maybe 1 Bloor W?
I'm sure the tower won't get built in Hamilton either, but I'd love to have it in Toronto!

An email that I got from Harry Stinson a few hours ago.....

Royal Connaught – the sequel. A message from Harry Stinsonâ€

No doubt you have seen and/or heard media reports on the status of the Connaught project. It is true that our purchase has not closed yet, and that the vendors are concurrently considering other options. It is also true that we remain in regular communication with them and that I am working constantly on securing the funding.

During the months that we have been working on this project we have become even more convinced of the potential for not just the redevelopment of the Royal Connaught, but the potential for downtown Hamilton. There is an enormous pent-up market for well-designed, multi-use development in the centre core. We very much hope that the Royal Connaught itself will be part of such a development, given its heritage and architecture. However, I am committed to creating a similar scale and flavour of project, even if on an alternate site.

We appreciate your interest, and would encourage your comments and ideas.

As the saying goes, “stay tuned for further details!â€

Harry Stinson

Yeah, them washed-up Torontonians beaching on the shores of Rust Belt America

page-200-cp-5194821.jpg

Harry is moving ahead with the former Liaison College site, which he owns, and plans to redevelop the site into a boutique hotel and condo complex. This site is directly next to the Connaught Hotel.

I have renamed this thread so that it reflects whatever it is that Harry Stinson is doing in Hamilton.

Good luck one and all.

there's an small piece about harry in todays insert in the globe re: entrepreneurs. he's got a good quote in it: "There is no balance. It drives me nuts listening to people at seminars talking about achieving balance. That's BS."

This project will be much smaller, $10 million. It's in a tight spot between Royal Connaught and London Tap House restaurant along John St.

Yesterday there were a few officials and Harry Stinson walking around the property and writing stuff down so I wouldn't be surprised to see another rendering in a few days/weeks.

Instead of going for the Connaught Pyramid, the new design will apparently resemble a smaller Ziggarut of Ur.

Back